Thread: Vista, ZoneAlarm and Firewalls again

alismith Guest

Default Vista, ZoneAlarm and Firewalls again

Hi,

I posted a message a week ago about problems with a conflict regarding Windows Security Alerts telling me I had no firewall running when I did indeed have ZASS up and running and up to date.

I received a reply which fixed the issue. This was to shut down ZASS and restart it, and this works fine.

However since then, every time I reboot my machine the same thing happens, so every time I reboot I have to shut down ZASS then restart it. This is a pain, and I don't like to have no firewall running, even if it is just for a few seconds!

Is there a more permanent fix for this? I've just upgraded ZASS to the same version on my 32-bit Vista Home Premium system, and now have the same issue on that machine. So there is evidently some basic problem here.

I thought it was just moving to a 64-bit OS that was the problem, but it seems not. It's as if ZASS is starting up too quickly, and when it registers itself with Windows, Windows is not as yet ready, so doesn't get the message.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Ali Smith

slvmart Guest

Thumbs down Re: Vista, ZoneAlarm and Firewalls again

I'm having a similar problem with ZAExtremeSecurity. I have the Vista 64 bit OS and just installed the lastest update for ZAES (9.0.114.000). Ever since that the Windows Security comes up with the Firewall warning. If I turn ZAES OFF and then ON again, per your info, it resolves the problem. I assume that I will have to do this after every log in.

Since the release of ZAES for 64bit Vista I have not seen the sort of reliability that I had grown accustomed to with ZA.

Default Re: Vista, ZoneAlarm and Firewalls again

Quote Originally Posted by slvmart View Post
    I'm having a similar problem with ZAExtremeSecurity. I have the Vista 64 bit OS and just installed the lastest update for ZAES (9.0.114.000). Ever since that the Windows Security comes up with the Firewall warning. If I turn ZAES OFF and then ON again, per your info, it resolves the problem. I assume that I will have to do this after every log in.

Since the release of ZAES for 64bit Vista I have not seen the sort of reliability that I had grown accustomed to with ZA.
    I've never had that Problem on my Three Computers..

1.) if you check ZA Overview, Main page, and it display a Green check Mark and sys that you are Fully protected.. You are fully protected..

The Windows Security Center Alert is a Cosmetic Error..

2.) you can Report the Problem Directly to Za Tech Support..
    and give them the Full Details of your Computer and what Verstion/Type of ZA your using..

Click Link in my signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

billydv Guest

I just had same problem.

kevenh Guest

I'm just troubleshooting the same issue.

Currently reinstalling ZAES after using the new clean removal tool.

32bit Vista SP2
    Last edited by kevenh; October 10th, 2009 at 01:30 AM. Reason: small typo, and adding OS details

kevenh Guest

One extra reboot on from the reinstall of ZAES 9.0.114.000 and the Windows Security Alert for the missing Firewall and AV program has yet to return.
    Last edited by kevenh; October 10th, 2009 at 02:40 AM. Reason: to remove hijack & just leave the assist 4 the op

Hi!
    if shutting down ZA and restart does not solve the problem then you need to reset the corrupted VISTA WSC repository. Try to run this tool as administrator (right click "run as administrator").

Please do not hijack other users thread, open yours.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information