Thread: ZAISS connectivity

cbinc11 Guest

Default ZAISS connectivity

I've read one thread about connectivity problems with ZA Extreme; mine is similar but not an exact match.

My Vista 64 box upon initial bootup generally works fine with ZAISS 09, but has problems re-establishing a network connection when ZA is set to lock internet ingoing/outgoing traffic, specifically after the computer waken up after it goes into sleep/hibernation mode. The XP boxes, laptops and netbooks we have do not share this problem. So far the only recourse is to reboot the Vista box to re-establish the network.

Since I'm fairly new to Vista, is this a common issue? Is this something that I could expect to continue when Windows 7 is installed on this box?

Default Re: ZAISS connectivity

Hi!
    this is usually due to the fact that DNS and DHCP are not set as TRUSTED in the ZA firewall zone or/and if your ZA trusted zone is not set to MEDIUM (run IPCONFIG /ALL command to cross checck the number are right).

Check that loopback is also set as TRUSTED. Did you change any program control permission in ZA program control list especially internet server rights to the internet?

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 1st, 2009 at 09:54 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

cbinc11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!
    this is usually due to the fact that DNS and DHCP are not set as TRUSTED in the ZA firewall zone or/and if your ZA trusted zone is not set to MEDIUM (run IPCONFIG /ALL command to cross checck the number are right).

Check that loopback is also set as TRUSTED. Did you change any program control permission in ZA program control list especially internet server rights to the internet?

Cheers,
    Fax
    Hi Fax,

All DNS and DHCP settings are already set to their default settings and the trusted zone is already set to Medium security. None of these settings have been modified since the initial ZAISS installation roughly a month ago, and even then were not modified from the default settings. According to the Zone panel the loopback adapter is already set to be Trusted. The ipconfig screen report doesn't appear to show any red flags.

In truth, even though I've been using ZA products for well over a decade I don't pretend that I'm that smart to know what I'm doing to attempt to play around with settings on my own, and no one else in our household is brave enough to toy around with any computer setting--ZA or otherwise--on their own, preferring to dump any of their grief on my shoulders instead. 'Plug n play' has always been my motto (where I can get away with it), with as little user intervention as possible.

Good!
    Then please follow up to support and report the issue. Link in my signature.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information