Thread: Zone Alarm Extreme

mairead Guest

Question Zone Alarm Extreme

Can anyone advise how I install flash player and active X? When I attempt to do so my computer freezes. Needless to say when I attempt to browse in sites the above, my computer again freezes. Assistance greatly appreciated

naivemelody Guest

Exclamation Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme, Adobe flash players

Whenever you need to install/ or upgrade a browser plug-in/ add-on/ add favorite/ bookmark in IE7/ 8 or Firefox - you will need to 'temporarily' use a "regular unprotected browser" or shut-off virtualization/ browser security/ ForceField (for example, need to upgrade your PDF program/ reader/ flash player or add new software/ program that uses 'active X').

Once you have the new flash player installed - you may view adobe flash player images with browser security 'on' full/ ForceField.

Please read this link > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fo...tml/wwhelp.htm <<
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Similarily for the use of PDF activity you will need to either use a "unprotected browser" or to "temporarily shut-off" "virtualization" in the browser settings panel/ turn off ForceField .
    __________________________________________________ _
    With browser security 'temporarily' off - it is suggested that you 'un-install' your previous flash player before installing a new upgrade.
    Please click here > http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_1415...?promoid=DTEGO < (please check for any new version links - as this is my link from when I upgraded my flash player back in July - there may be a newer file - check Adobe website) Then restart pc.

And for new flash player - click here > http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    Then restart pc. In your browser IE8, Firefox, etc. please verify successful install and 'enable.' Turn on ZA browser security/ ForceField.

Once you have the new flash player installed - you may view adobe flash player images with browser security 'on' full/ ForceField.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    NaiveMelody NYC - 9-29-09 - Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
    Last edited by naivemelody; September 30th, 2009 at 12:23 AM.

mairead Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme

Hi Naivemelody

Very many thanks for your speedy and detailed reply. I shall have to study all of the information before attempting to download Flash Player, and once I have succeeded, shall let you know!

Your assistance has been greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Mairead

mairead Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme

Hi Naivemelody

Many, many thanks from Glasgow, Scotland, your information was first class. After Zonelabs sent me a 'repair' update for my original download, I followed your instructions. I used Firefox and hey presto I was able to download flashplayer.

This meant I was able to view a You Tube Firm about a friend in Mitchigan USA!

Your assistance has been greatly appreciated.
    Mairead

naivemelody Guest

Thumbs up Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme, Adobe flash player, YouTube

Mairead, glad to hear everything is working allright.

Adobe Flash player - 10.0.32.18

__________________________________________________ _________
    For anyone else who is having issues with Adobe flash player and/ or YouTube videos...

Here is more info for Videos on YouTube are streamed through Adobe Flash player - click here > http://www.google.com/support/youtub...n&answer=56115 < Video Player Issues: The video won't play

1. Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
    2. Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
    3. Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player... continues...
    __________________________________________________ _________
    NaiveMelody NYC - 10-1-09 - With A Little Luck - Paul McCartney & Wings

Thread Information