Thread: [Solved] Zone Alarm download manager

GAbaurre Guest

Thumbs up [Solved] Zone Alarm download manager

I have just upgraded to version 9.0.114.000 and now every time I try to download a file Zone Alarm intercepts the download before my download manager and I have to use it to download the file. How can I turn this off? I want to use my download manager, not this one. Thanks in advance for your help.

GAbaurre
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 5th, 2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Solved

Default Re: Zone Alarm download manager

Quote Originally Posted by GAbaurre View Post
    I have just upgraded to version 9.0.114.000 and now every time I try to download a file Zone Alarm intercepts the download before my download manager and I have to use it to download the file. How can I turn this off? I want to use my download manager, not this one. Thanks in advance for your help.

GAbaurre

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) What version of ZoneAlarm 9.0.114.000?

2.) what Version and update Patch of Windows?

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/Windows OS Version and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..

Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your Computer Monitor.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ConfusedZAUser Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm download manager

I would also like to know the answer to this.
    I am running ZASS on XP SP3. I updated to version 9 and it includes the download manager which catches every download. I have now gone back to version 8 to avoid the download manager.
    So how do I disable the download manager in version 9 of Internet Security Suite?

Thumbs up Re: Zone Alarm download manager

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedZAUser View Post
    I would also like to know the answer to this.
    I am running ZASS on XP SP3. I updated to version 9 and it includes the download manager which catches every download. I have now gone back to version 8 to avoid the download manager.
    So how do I disable the download manager in version 9 of Internet Security Suite?
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

Here is the Problem..

1.) ZA Extreme includes the Full Version of Forcefield to provide Maximum protection..

Based on Results from ZA Extreme..
    All other Paid versions of ZA 9.0.114.000 now include the Browser Add-on Tool-bar from ForceField..

SOLUTION:

If you are having a problem with the Forcefield Browser Add-on in the New ZA-AV, ZA-Pro, ZASS 9.0.114, do the Following..

2.) Uninstall the New ZA 9.0.114.000 using the Removal tool..

Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

3.) Re-install the New ZA 9.0.114.000, However, This time don't be in such a Hurry..

Pay Closer Attention to the Pop-up Displays durring the Install Proccess.
    One of the Displays will Ask you if you want to ADD two Browser Add-on
    Both are "Check Marked" by default, if you do not want the Forcefield Download Protection, then UN-CHECK both add-ons, and continue with the Install..

Accept the other default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 5th, 2009 at 07:54 AM.
    GeorgeV

ghod Guest

Default Re: [Solved] Zone Alarm download manager

your response while nice.... is NOT a sollution to the issue.
    They and I are asking how to disable it.. maybe we only want to disable it for a short period of time or something else... is this a Microsoft program, that is completely uninstallable? we have to uninstall the program completely to disable this option??????????? PLEASE....
    Also there should be "OPTIONS / Config" for it to allow us to have a default DL location and two or three other options.

Quote Originally Posted by ghod View Post
    your response while nice.... is NOT a sollution to the issue.
    They and I are asking how to disable it.. maybe we only want to disable it for a short period of time or something else... is this a Microsoft program, that is completely uninstallable? we have to uninstall the program completely to disable this option??????????? PLEASE....
    Also there should be "OPTIONS / Config" for it to allow us to have a default DL location and two or three other options.
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

As a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem,
    the Guideline Rules,ask each User to
    Please start their own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.

This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem, When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..

You can Post Product suggestions in the "ZoneAlarm Product Feedback" section of the Forum..

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84
    GeorgeV

drunknmunky Guest

Hi - i've found a simpler and less drastic solution for this problem which i also experienced. Instead of uninstalling and reinstalling ZA, just go to the FireFox Tools menu, select Add-ons, and disable the ZoneAlarm toolbar - hey presto - everything back to normal

mukesh2409 Guest

Default Zone Alarm download manager

PLease please tell me how to enable zone alarm download manager i need that one coz i liked it very much

mukesh2409 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GAbaurre View Post

GAbaurre

Hi buddy please let me know how can i active the zone alarm manager please i need it

bunnyfugger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mukesh2409 View Post
    Hi buddy please let me know how can i active the zone alarm manager please i need it

Hi mukesh,

The answer you need is two posts up by drunknmunky...

Hi - i've found a simpler and less drastic solution for this problem which i also experienced. Instead of uninstalling and reinstalling ZA, just go to the FireFox Tools menu, select Add-ons, and disable the ZoneAlarm toolbar - hey presto - everything back to normal

Go to FF addons and ENABLE ZA toolbar.

Regards....
    Last edited by bunnyfugger; November 21st, 2009 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Strange smiley!

Thread Information