Thread: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Service Agent

criticalerror Guest

Question ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Service Agent

Call me paranoid, but with all the phishing scams out there I want to make sure this is legit. Every day I get a pop up that reads:

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Agent

An important ZoneAlarm Product and Security Update is now available. This update provides faster product performance and new security protoection, especially from dangerous downloads. Do you want to get the free download now(recommended)?

I started to install this and ZoneAlarm flagged it as suspicious behavior. How can I check to see if something like this is coming from ZoneAlarm. Everything has been updated on my computer.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Service Agent

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

This pop up message is telling you there is a new update available to download. If you want to stop this from telling you all the time, this is how I have my set up. I use ZAPro and I use the 'check for updates manually' selection located in Overview, Preferences in the ZA Control Center. I turned off the option to automatically check for updates.

Now, if that does not stop the popups, then I suggest you run your Anti-Virus program or use the Really Good Free Ones on the Internet to scan your computer.

These are suggestions, it is your decision if you want to follow them or not.

Have a Great Day!
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

criticalerror Guest

Thumbs up Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Service Agent

SlyFox, thanks for the quick response. Once I determined the update was originating from ZoneAlarm I did the update, and it went fine. Like I said I may be paranoid, but I have heard this is being used as one of the new Phishing tricks.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Service Agent

Quote Originally Posted by criticalerror View Post
    SlyFox, thanks for the quick response. Once I determined the update was originating from ZoneAlarm I did the update, and it went fine. Like I said I may be paranoid, but I have heard this is being used as one of the new Phishing tricks.
    Glad to hear everything went well with your update.

Thank You for Posting Back and have a Great Evening!

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information