Thread: Recent udate to 9.0.114.000

twwilliam Guest

Default Recent udate to 9.0.114.000

As suggested, I upgraded to the most recent version of ZAP (9.0.114,000). During the isntallation setup there was a notice that the computer may run slower for a period of 24 hours.

Not only are some programs still running slower after 24 hours, some programs will not open unless I turn off ZAP. Specifically Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook take forever to open, if they open at all.

Running Vista Home Premium (64 bit) with plenty of hard drive space and memory???

Should I go back to the original ZAP I downloaded in July??
    Last edited by twwilliam; October 4th, 2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: grammer

Default Re: Recent udate to 9.0.114.000

Quote Originally Posted by twwilliam View Post
    As suggested, I upgraded to the most recent version of ZAP (9.0.114,000). During the isntallation setup there was a notice that the computer may run slower for a period of 24 hours.

Not only are some programs still running slower after 24 hours, some programs will not open unless I turn off ZAP. Specifically Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook take forever to open, if they open at all.

Running Vista Home Premium (64 bit) with plenty of hard drive space and memory???

Should I go back to the original ZAP I downloaded in July??
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Problem usually indicates a Corrupted ZA Configureation Database

Here is a Simple RESET proceedure that should fix that..

============================
    this is a symptom that the upgrade process didn't go well and your ZA databases (where settings are stored) are corrupted.
    Either perform a clean install or reset the ZA database.

Clean install, see here:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Corrupt Logs reset:
    http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.html

Corrupt Logs reset (only with latest ZA version):
    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 7th, 2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

twwilliam Guest

Tony Williams wrote:
    I did as you suggested, reset ZAP. I still have the same intermittent problems. Both Internet Explorer and Microsoft outlook sometimes will not open until I shut down ZAP (then they open immediately). Also, even if Internet Explorer or Outlook does open normally when ZAP is active, I am blocked from printing web pages or my e-mail until I shut down ZAP.

As soon as I shutdown ZAP, the printer window opens.

Is it possible the file was corrupted when downloaded (?), and if so where do I go from here??? I still have the original File backed up.

Tony Williams

Quote Originally Posted by twwilliam View Post
    Tony Williams wrote:
    I did as you suggested, reset ZAP. I still have the same intermittent problems. Both Internet Explorer and Microsoft outlook sometimes will not open until I shut down ZAP (then they open immediately). Also, even if Internet Explorer or Outlook does open normally when ZAP is active, I am blocked from printing web pages or my e-mail until I shut down ZAP.

As soon as I shutdown ZAP, the printer window opens.

Is it possible the file was corrupted when downloaded (?), and if so where do I go from here??? I still have the original File backed up.

Tony Williams
    Thank you for your Feedback..

Yes it is Possible that your Download was corrupted durring the download..

B.) It looks like your Have Corrupted your Installed ZA files The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version..

The simplest procedure is to :

1.Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista)

ZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zap/releaseHistory.html

2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information