Well, I am also having the same situation now and it seems to me it might not be the file corruption case. Right now, I am encountering the grey window with no message for over a couple 1 hours(several time for different down loads). I think, there should be some sort of messages if it will take this long. According to Windows system monitor, I cannot clearly identify the task and the system is not working hard(in average, 2%).
Acutually I tried several downloads and clear installation as described above, but always encountered the same troublesome situation. 1 particular thing I would like to point out is the window title : that is, it is in local language indication(in this case Japanese) saying "Setting (or, I would say, configuration) Wizard". So, I am suspecting there will be some troublesome issues concerning a local support configuration. I actually see the original "Configuration Wizard" right before this hung-up occurs. Interestingly, if I forcibly cancel the "troublesome wizard" , the same warning message described by this topic issuer above will appear and it will automatically reboot the system. After the reboot, it is sitting in the system as though nothing bad at the installation happened and tries to start its functionalities. Right now, I cannot depend on this functionalities. So I must kill the new ZAES for this moment.
1) Is this still the corrupted file issue ?
If so, how can I cope with this trouble ?
2) Generally, how long does this ZA Extreme installation take ? Many hours?
- Windows XP3 Professional (Supporting Japanese environment)
- Download: Windows IE8.0
- From ZA Internet Security 8.0.298 to ZA Extreme Suite 9.0.114 migration
- Original "Configuration" process + several other steps finished before this troublesome
hung-up. Always the same.
- I did several times doing the correction advises described above for this topic. I am very
much used to it since I've been a long time ZAIS user. The trouble occured right after
renewal process today(I also encountered the recent Renewal Trouble raised in the other
topics of this forum.)