Thread: Restore Default Settings

Hybrid View

oscarb666 Guest

Default Restore Default Settings

Free ZoneAlarm. How can I restore the original default settings without reinstalling the program. This is an excellent program but I have uncontrolled fingers!

Default Re: Restore Default Settings

Hi!

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

If you are not able to do the automatic reset you can perform a manual reset booting in SAFE MODE:

To repair this problem, please follow these steps. Please note that this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process. If any of the steps below does not apply to you, or you are unable to perform the function listed, please continue to the next step. This MUST be done with an Admin account if your Operating System supports these!
    1. If you are running Windows 95/98/Me/XP/2000, reboot your system into Safe Mode. Your OS determines the method, but normally pressing F8 at the beep, or holding the control key during bootup, will work. For more information on rebooting in Safe Mode, click Start, then Help. Click the Search tab, and type in "Safe Mode". Double- click "Start Windows in Safe Mode" for the instructions.
    2. Open the Internet Logs directory (in 9x/ME this will be "c:\windows\internet logs", in NT/2000 it will be c:\winnt\internet logs, in Windows XP it could be either of these folders).
    3. Delete all files that have the extension .RDB, .LDB, or TMP.
    4. Empty your Recycle Bin.
    5. Reboot your system.
    Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information