Thread: rerun the instillation from ad administrators account

blackbrown Guest

Default rerun the instillation from an administrators account

I rerewed ZoneAlarm Antivirus 1 PC - 1 Year for 19.95 recently because it will be expiring soon.

I downloaded it but when I try to install it I get the following error message:

You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun the instillation from an administrators account.

As there is no Icon on my Desktop, I can't follow the instruction provided by ZoneAlarm for people who have this problem.

I am running Windows XP. Everthing (Firewalls, Automatic Updates and Virus Protection) are turned off in Windows Security Center.

I have tried uninstalling ZoneAlarm and downloading it again but the same problem occurs.

I don't know how to install ZoneAlarm as an administrator.

Please help.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blackbrown; October 4th, 2009 at 10:36 PM.

chris_john Guest

Default Re: rerun the instillation from ad administrators account

How do you normally install anything on your PC?

The problem is not in ZA, but to do with Windows. There are 2 main types of account, Limited and Administrator. Limited users can't install software - it's good to run your normal programs as a Limited user - because you can't install stuff, no [most] viruses or malware can't install either. Log out, and log back in as an Administrator. I can't tell you the name of an Administrator account on your PC, but there should be one.

Thread Information