Thread: Antivirus Will Not Activate

crafter191 Guest

Default Antivirus Will Not Activate

I have been using zonealarm antivirus for 2+ years now and never had this problem. For some strange reason, the antivirus has turned off and it will not allow me to turn it back on. On the main zonealarm screen, there are two boxes, one with a plus and one with an x. The one with the x is the antivirus, and when you click on fix it to turn it back on, it immediately switches back to being turned off. For a brief second it turns to green, but right away it goes back to being off. I also tried turning it on from the antivirus tab, where the on/off buttons are grayed out. The only thing I can press on the screen is a red link that says click here to update zonealarm and reactivate scanning, which opens the update box. It then says that it updates fine, but yet the antivirus is still turned off. any ideas to what's causing this?

tomcatboy Guest

Wink Re: Antivirus Will Not Activate

I think there is something wrong with your windows time set it up correctly. If it didn't work go to ZA anti virus advanced options and uncheck auto update and click on OK again comeback there and check auto update . I think it works.

cheers

zaak243 Guest

Default Re: Antivirus Will Not Activate

I have the same problem, tried this and nothing fixes the problem here. Still watching.

Quote Originally Posted by zaak243 View Post
    I have the same problem, tried this and nothing fixes the problem here. Still watching.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/Windows OS Version and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..

Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your Computer Monitor.

There were Known AV Update issues with ZA 9.0.083.000 that were Fixed with ZA 9.0.114.000

• Browser security fixes:
      • Fixed: Unable to install Adobe Flash Player add-on under Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3 in Internet mode
      • Fixed: Unable to install No Script add-on for Firefox when virtualization is enabled
      • Fixed: Communication with Smart Defense Advisor.

• Other fixes:
      • Fixed: AV DAT version is correctly refreshed after an AV update
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 9th, 2009 at 12:00 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by zaak243 View Post

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/Windows OS Version and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..

Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your Computer Monitor.

There were Known AV Update issues with ZA 9.0.083.000 that were Fixed with ZA 9.0.114.000

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 9.0.114.000
    • Browser security fixes:
      • Fixed: Unable to install Adobe Flash Player add-on under Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3 in Internet mode
      • Fixed: Unable to install No Script add-on for Firefox when virtualization is enabled
      • Fixed: Communication with Smart Defense Advisor.

• Other fixes:
      • Fixed: AV DAT version is correctly refreshed after an AV update
    GeorgeV

scottfenton Guest

I also am having the same problem. I have been using ZoneAlarm products for about 10 years now and until about a week ago have had no problems lately. I am running Windows XP Pro SP3, with ZA Internet Security Suite 80_400_20 and I started getting this error message: "ZoneAlarm Security Suite has de-activated Anti-Virus scanning. This can occur if the system clock has been set forward or anti-virus updates disabled."

Click here to update now and re-activate scanning

When I do it flashes but goes right back to error and no anti-Virus. I remove i using /rmlicense, the reinstall and it works until the next time I reboot my computer. I then am right back where I started. I used cpes_clean and same thing happens. I tried installing the new 90_114 version of ZAISS and everything installs without a hitch. But If I choose scan it reboots my computer, so again no Anti-Virus.

I am running Q6600 Quad Core, 4 GB Ram. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Re: Antivirus Will Not Activate

Quote Originally Posted by scottfenton View Post
    I also am having the same problem. I have been using ZoneAlarm products for about 10 years now and until about a week ago have had no problems lately. I am running Windows XP Pro SP3, with ZA Internet Security Suite 80_400_20 and I started getting this error message: "ZoneAlarm Security Suite has de-activated Anti-Virus scanning. This can occur if the system clock has been set forward or anti-virus updates disabled."

Click here to update now and re-activate scanning

When I do it flashes but goes right back to error and no anti-Virus. I remove i using /rmlicense, the reinstall and it works until the next time I reboot my computer. I then am right back where I started. I used cpes_clean and same thing happens. I tried installing the new 90_114 version of ZAISS and everything installs without a hitch. But If I choose scan it reboots my computer, so again no Anti-Virus.

I am running Q6600 Quad Core, 4 GB Ram. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

Pleas Report the Details of your Computer/OS updates and ZA version
    and details of your problem Directly to ZA Tech Support Live Text Chat Free of Charge with your ZA License Key..

That way they can TroubleShoot your problem and escalate it to the Developers if needed..

**** Click On the Support link in my signature..

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV

scottfenton Guest

I found the fix for my computer on my own. It turned out to be a hot fix from Microsoft for syning windows time called WindowsXP-KB951531-v2-x86-ENU.exe. I installed it and have been testing it and so far so good. My computer was giving me the error: "ZoneAlarm Security Suite has de-activated Anti-Virus scanning. This can occur if the system clock has been set forward or anti-virus updates disabled." "Click here to update now and re-activate scanning." And I followed ZASS support instructions but it would happen again every time I would reboot my computer.

Hope this helps.
    Scott Fenton

olivermyers Guest

I also had the same problem since the UK clocks went back an hour on windows XP running Zonealarm security suite 2010.

I also tried what scott above suggested and he is absolutely right. This has now enabled the virus scanner so it is now running. It would seem once again Microsoft has made a mess with their windows updates. Looking likely I will not be buying windows 7 or any other terrible bug ridden software microsoft "develop" - and I use inverted commers on develop.

However it still will not update saying update failed.

olivermyers Guest

the above did not work. The problem has come back

Thread Information