Thread: [SOLVED]write error to cds/dvds -> clonedvd.exe exceptions list for trusted processes

Threaded View

samlar Guest

Default [SOLVED]write error to cds/dvds -> clonedvd.exe exceptions list for trusted processes

I have been working for days now on a problem I had with version nine and clonedvd and nero with writing disk. You can see my post on this at slysoft forum

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=34153

to much to repost it all here but here is the last part for anyone who is having this problem

Ok I fixed the problem. This is going to take time to explain.

Fist I saw that the problem with Nero or Clonedvd was with the first part of the writing
    I assume that writing the boot info. I fixed the Nero illegal mode this trak by going to zone alarm antivirus scan targets and unchecking the scan boot section for all drives. This did not fix the writedvd 10 11 w2 error that happens right as it started the write in Clonedvd.
    To fix this I had to go to zone alarm antivirus advanced then exceptions and add the clonedvd.exe to the exceptions. Zone alarm has two select types for exceptions and they are trusted and on access.
    I had placed the whole Clonedvd folder in the exceptions list for on access and it did not fix the problem. I placed the clonedvd.exe in the exceptions for on access and it did not fix the problem. I placed clonedvd.exe in the exceptions list for trusted and it fixed it. The difference is the trusted means the file will not be scanned with any scans, on access only excludes files from being scanned when they are opened .etc per zone alarm...
    Nero illegal mode this trak

Uncheck boot sector scanning in zone alarm antivirus

Clonedvd

writedvd 10 11 w2 error

In zone alarm antivirus go to advanced exceptions and add clonedvd.exe as a selection type trusted process exception.

I still think the writedvd 10 11 w2 error at the start of Clonedvd is a timing error and for some reason clonedvd takes to long to start the write and that an antivirus program slows it down even more. Either that or what ever the part of the program that gives the writedvd 10 11 w2 error has to short of time limit. Since I am not a software writer I will leave that to Slysoft.
    Last edited by fax; October 5th, 2009 at 11:42 PM.

Thread Information