Thread: Virus Type_Script

Bernh Guest

Default Virus Type_Script

Hi..I've Internete Security Suite 2009 and Win XP Sp2 and I have a big problem with this "virus" called Type_script

ZA has more times quarantined or deleted a file called winrun.dll from my hard disk drives but the virus returns many times and Za is always repairing it.

You can see a screenshot of my log file:

The virus doesn't make particular problems except that when I try to open an hardisk drive by doubliclicking on it...the pc displays that "can't find the file C: (or E: ) winrun.dll

Please help me.

Default Re: Virus Type_Script

Hi!
    please try to follow all the steps detailed here below to clean your system:

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showthread.php?t=70448

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Bernh Guest

Many thanks for the help.
    I did what you suggest and the virus seems to be defeated (I hope so) but there's stille the main problem:
    when I click to My computer and try to open an hard disk drive by doubleclik on it, appear this information:

Trduced from italian is: "impossible to find the script file "C: ( or E: ) \winrun.vbs

If I try to open it by right click and "explore" everything works fine but I would like to resolve that issue.

Thank you so much for the help.

PS= I've also try to install Java on my system and the installation doesn't work...maybe is something involved with the virus too.

Hi!
    this is due to the virus that have modifed your OS ini files to survive and replicate. You could try to find in your startup/ini/config files references to it and remove it. The same applies to the OS registry (via regedit).

However the best (to avoid messing up with your system) would be to have your error fixed by malware experts. Try to post your hijackthislog to www.spywarehammer.com explain the issue and wait for help.

In bocca al lupo,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Bernh Guest

Crepi il lupo!

Many thanks for help, I hope I will write back here how I've resolved this problem.

Thread Information