Thread: Problems with ZA Extreme Security

apglenn Guest

Default Problems with ZA Extreme Security

Hello-

I just received a new computer about a week ago. The initial installation of Extreme Security was flawless and it has worked - since yesterday.

While the computer was idling (this was not on or right after startup) a message popped up saying something like "Zone Alarm's True Vector monitoring system has shut down, would you like to restart?" I would type the exact message but ZA is currently unistalled due to the fact that I could not connect to the internet after that message. Prior to the first error message, I received another one saying MyVault has been shut down".

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling 3 times, to no avail. I have tried redownloading the application, same story. I have tried the "cpes_clean" unistaller and then reinstalled. I have tried deleting the various files in "C:/Windows/Internet Logs". However - both ZA and my internet work fine in Safe Mode w/networking. I have searched the forums and google for the same error but have not found exactly my problem.

Specs:

Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP1
    Intel Quad 2.5 Ghz
    4GB ram

Any help would be appreciated,

Allan

Default Re: Problems with ZA Extreme Security

Hi!
    go to ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it here
    What is running at boot that is not part of the OS? Custom desktop style? Defrag tools? Other security tools?

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

apglenn Guest

Hey thanks for the response Fax -

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.114.000
    TrueVector version:
    Driver version:
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.895

I can't update ZA because as soon as the True Vector message pops up my internet goes down. I have tried the fixes listed in the forum thread below, including all the spyware/malware programs (which are now unistalled):

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?p=267060

My desktop background is a solid color, no defrag tools on startup, and no other security features - except for Windows Defender.

There are only 3 processes loaded on startup that I don't know what they are: hkcmd.exe - igfxpers.exe - igfxsrvc.exe - I don't think these have anything to do with though since they were running a few days ago when ZA was working.

Allan

Hi!
    something must have changed since last time or you are running something that is conflicting with the latest version. ZA info data is incomplete. Is this the way information is given?

Are you logged as administrator?
    Why you have not updated to SP2?

Did you had any malware related problems?

Have you run the ZA clean up tool as adminitrator (right click of the mouse "run as adminitrator")?

Do you have a branded PC like ACER, TOSHIBA, LENOVO?
    Have you installed and removed other security tools in the past?

Cheers,
    Fax

apglenn Guest

This:

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.114.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.114.000
    Driver version:9.0.114.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:986421472
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.36.15

Is what is displayed in Safe Mode w/networking. It still shows nothing under TrueVector and Driver Version on normal Windows boot.

I have installed SP2 - no change. I am logged in as an administrator and have run the ZA cleanup tool with admin privileges - nothing. I have no malware problems and the scans I ran did not find anything of any importance i.e. tracking cookie. The computer works perfectly when ZA is not installed. And I have noticed when ZA is installed, it takes at least 5 min to startup/shutdown.

This is a Dell computer. I have another Dell - exact same specs - that is running ZA fine. But like I said this one was running fine too. No other security tools have been installed prior to ZA.

Allan

Hi!
    you should try to perform a manual unistall, file by file, one by one and ensure you fully remove ALL files and folders.

See here for the list of files and folders:
    I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (Vista)

You ZA files are not copied correctly something is blocking the right access/copy of the files.

Fax

Thread Information