Thread: ZA Pro no longer works after latest update

Kiba Guest

Default ZA Pro no longer works after latest update

Two days ago, ZA Pro informed me that a new update was available. I downloaded it and installed it, but now, whenever the computer starts, I get an error message saying that zlclient.exe was unable to initialize (with error code 0xc0000005) and was being terminated. When I click the "OK" button, the same message pops up one more time. After that, nothing else happens, and ZA Pro is NOT running, leaving my computer unprotected.

The machine in question is running Windows XP Home SP3, with all the latest updates. It is also running the latest version of the free Avira Antivir.

I checked things out with HijackThis, but didn't see anything particularly suspicious.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Default Re: ZA Pro no longer works after latest update

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    Two days ago, ZA Pro informed me that a new update was available. I downloaded it and installed it, but now, whenever the computer starts, I get an error message saying that zlclient.exe was unable to initialize (with error code 0xc0000005) and was being terminated. When I click the "OK" button, the same message pops up one more time. After that, nothing else happens, and ZA Pro is NOT running, leaving my computer unprotected.

The machine in question is running Windows XP Home SP3, with all the latest updates. It is also running the latest version of the free Avira Antivir.

I checked things out with HijackThis, but didn't see anything particularly suspicious.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction..

B.) It looks like your Have Corrupted your Installed ZA files The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version..

The simplest procedure is to :

1.Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista)

ZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zap/releaseHistory.html

2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Kiba Guest

Thank you for your quick response. I'll give this a try and let you know how it works out.

Thank you for your quick response. I'll give this a try and let you know how it works out.
    Thank You for your Feedback..

Please post back with a progress Report..
    GeorgeV

Kiba Guest

Step-by-step progress report:

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    1.Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent) and save it to your Hard drive.
    Done. Freshly downloaded.

2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)
    Not possible since, as I mentioned in my original message, ZA never gets that far. I did check the task manager, and vsmon.exe WAS running, however.

3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory
    Since #2 failed, I did a regular uninstall, rebooted into Safe Mode, removed all references to vsmon.exe from regedit, then rebooted again. After that, vsmon.exe was no longer running.

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here
    "Error starting the application because vsutil.dll was not found. Reinstallation of the application may solve the problem."

Reinstalled ZA Pro, still got the (now expected) error mentioned in my original message. Rebooted to Safe Mode again, to eliminate vsmon.exe references again, rebooted, tried the removal tool again. This time, it worked with no error messages, and everything appeared to be gone.
    5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..-
    Tried the clean installation using the freshly downloaded installer, and still got the 0xc0000005 error for zlclient.exe as reported in my original message. Thus, I am back where I began.

Next idea?

Step-by-step progress report:

Done. Freshly downloaded.

Not possible since, as I mentioned in my original message, ZA never gets that far. I did check the task manager, and vsmon.exe WAS running, however.

Since #2 failed, I did a regular uninstall, rebooted into Safe Mode, removed all references to vsmon.exe from regedit, then rebooted again. After that, vsmon.exe was no longer running.

"Error starting the application because vsutil.dll was not found. Reinstallation of the application may solve the problem."

Reinstalled ZA Pro, still got the (now expected) error mentioned in my original message. Rebooted to Safe Mode again, to eliminate vsmon.exe references again, rebooted, tried the removal tool again. This time, it worked with no error messages, and everything appeared to be gone.

Tried the clean installation using the freshly downloaded installer, and still got the 0xc0000005 error for zlclient.exe as reported in my original message. Thus, I am back where I began.

Next idea?
    Next Step is Contact Text Support Directly with the Details of your problem and mention what you have tried so far..

Click on the Live Chat Link in my Signature..

One last Note: If what Tech Support does not fix the Problem on you first try, continue providing Feedback to Tech Support..

If you find a solution. Please Post back here to Benifit other users..

Good Luck..
    GeorgeV

Kiba Guest

Okay. Thanks. I'll give that a try during the appropriate operating hours.

Thread Information