Thread: Odd Alert from ZA 4.5

libra Guest

Default Odd Alert from ZA 4.5

Does anyone have any idea of why I am getting the following alerts:

AOL was blocked from accepting a connection from the internet (192.168.1.1 DNS)
    Direction: incoming (accept)
    Type: Program Access
    Source: DNS
    Action Taken: Blocked
    Rating Medium

I get the same exact alert for Seamonkey (my browser).

I used to get similar alerts about Generic Host Process for Win32, but they seem to have been replaced by these.

In Firewall>Main>Advanced I have checked "allow outgoing DNS/DHCP in Trusted Zone on high Security" and "allow outgoing DNS/DHCP in Internet Zone on high security". thinking that would stop the alerts.

I don't know if these connections should be accepted or not and I'm not having any problem as a result, but I wonder about them.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra
    Last edited by fax; October 11th, 2009 at 02:43 PM.

Default Re: Odd Alert from ZA

Hi!
    did you actually followed the suggestion to add your LAN to the trusted zone?

Is your ZA trusted zone set to MEDIUM and not to HIGH?

Your ZA is not configured correctly. Try not to move the defaults if you do not know how to deal with warnings

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

libra Guest

I haven't done anything except uncheck the advanced items. The Trusted zone is set to medium.

Do I need to put my lan into trusted zone if nothing is shared? Right now I have the computer ip/subnet listed in the internet. If I put the lan into trusted, does the ip/subnet connected to my computer stay in the internet?

I don't understand how 192.168.1.0 is my lan since I don't see it in ipconfig (the zero). I just added 192.168.1.1 as an IP into my trusted zone and named it DNS Server.

I've tried to list ipconfig but so far 3 posts are not being accepted. This one isn't long and doesn't have many numbers, so I'm hoping it will go through. Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

Ok, now list what you have set as trusted in ZA firewall zones.

Fax

libra Guest

All I have listed in the ZA Trusted Zone is (under the category of IP) 192.168.1.1. and I named it DNS Server.

EDIT: I just added in the ZA Trusted Zone (under the category of IP) 127.0.0.1 and I named it localhost.

Sincerely, Libra
    Last edited by libra; October 9th, 2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: erroneously mentioned an old alert and added the 127.0.0.l entry.

Hi!
    Why you do not had those listed already? Did you changed anything? This are set at install. Please remove ZA completely and reinstall and do not change defaults. Let ZA set the system for you.

Cheers,
    Fax

libra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!
    Let ZA set the system for you.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Hi Fax,

I am using a older version of ZA free 4.5.458.001. The installation instructions are here http://www.markusjansson.net/eza.html Is removing and reinstalling better than resetting the database?

I'm quite sure ZA doesn't set the system. It will set the default browser and generic host process.

It also recognizes my pc IP and puts it into the internet zone. (I'm keeping this short since my previous relpy didn't go through.)

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

Hi!
    4,5 ?? all what I have said applies only to version 9.
    Never used version 4.5, so I cannot really help.

Fax

libra Guest

Default Re: Odd Alert from ZA 4.5

Hi Fax,

I thought I mentioned the version. I do appreciate your patience and advice. Maybe someone familiar with my version will see this post and reply.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

Thread Information