Thread: Unable to log onto bank acct since recent upgrade

losinmymind Guest

Default Unable to log onto bank acct since recent upgrade

I recently upgraded ZA and now can't enter my user name and password on my bank's website. The keyboard doesn't work at all, only on that particular site. How do I fix that? Pretty inconvenient! Otherwise everything else is working fine.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Unable to log onto bank acct since recent upgrade

We can't read your mind, please list your OS, XP SP2/ 3, Vista SP1/2, W7 - which ZA product do you have?? Don't we have to know what your talking about - some ZA firewalls have ForceField others don't - that makes a difference in how to solve issues, yes. List all security software running on pc, anti-virus, anti-spy, software monitors/ utilities, etc. Have you upgraded from ZA Suite to ZA Extreme or just an update/ upgrade ZA Pro 8.0 > 9.0?? Can you name the website you are having issues with - if you need - you can be discreet, but still offer us an idea?

It's always a good idea to "fully" explain your situation, otherwise - how can we answer, yes.
    Last edited by naivemelody; October 7th, 2009 at 08:04 PM.

losinmymind Guest

Ok, I have ZA Extreme Security, which I have had and it did work fine, until I downloaded the most recent upgrade: 9.0.114.000. I also have Antivirus/ antispyware/ antispam and Forcefield 1.5.36.15. And the site is bayfed.com. And the computer's an XP. No problems last week, but this week I can't log in. Does that cover it? Sorry, I'm not a computer tech, but am dependent on things working. If you ever get cancer I'll take good care of you :-)
    Last edited by losinmymind; October 9th, 2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Left out info.

losinmymind Guest

Thumbs up Re: Unable to log onto bank acct since recent upgrade

Well, thanks to having a day off and chatting with tech support, problem solved. Thanks

What was the problem?
    It may help other users having the same problem

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rhett Guest

I am experiencing the same issue. I have the same versions of the products running on my machine. Please share the fix.

losinmymind Guest

Well, actually, it's not fixed. Here's what tech support told me to do:
    Close all browsers;Open ZA; Click Browser Security-> Settings; Click Advanced tab; Clear virtual data and click okay; Now turn Browser Security off and follow these steps here:
    Click Start-> Control Panel-> Internet Options; Click Delete-> Delete Temporary Internet Files; Security (Tab)-> Default Level; Advanced (Tab)-> Restore advanced settings; Turn Browser Security back on and see if you have the same issues.

So, I did all that, but also had to reboot at the end, and then it worked. The only glitch is that whenever I've been to my bank site, turn off the computer, then turn it on another day, I have to go through all the above steps to get it to work again. There must be a better way!!!

naivemelody Guest

Next time you visit your bank try this first...
    __________________________________________________ __
    Try this: open ZA Browser Security panel > settings > (advanced) > Anti-spyware > ~ "uncheck box of" Block programs that secretly record your keystrokes = anti-keylogger //and to a lesser degree "uncheck box for" Always by clicking on 'Only in allegedly secure sessions.'
    - then restart pc.

Another point: you should have the latest Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32.18
    - click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=70867

Now go to bank website.
    FYI ( http://www.bayfed.com/ac/mfintro.html )
    __________________________________________________ _

If the above does not work it is easier to shut off ForceField/ virtualization conflicts by simply > ~ unchecking the 'Virtualization' box/ Enable virtualization.'
    And the last resort would be to simply "temporarily" shut-off BrowserSecurity all-together.

Click here for ForceField help files > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fo...tml/wwhelp.htm
    __________________________________________________ _
    NaiveMelody NYC - 10-11-09 - Another Park, Another Sunday - The Doobie Brothers
    Last edited by naivemelody; October 11th, 2009 at 05:53 PM.

Thread Information