Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm toolbar Add-on

jmkristian Guest

Default ZoneAlarm toolbar Add-on

I have the same problem, using ZoneAlarm Extreme. I can hide the ZoneAlarm toolbar, but it reappears when I open a new tab or a new IE window. Should I uninstall and reinstall ZoneAlarm?

I'm using:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.0.114 (recently upgraded from 8), including ForceField 1.5.36.15
    RoboForm 6.9.97
    Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 (recently upgraded from 6)
    Windows XP Professional SP3

phoenixgtr Guest

Default Re: Toolbar won't go away

Have you disabled the toolbar under Firefox Add-ons?

jmkristian Guest

Default Re: Toolbar won't go away

I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer, not Firefox.

Default Re: ZoneAlarm toolbar Add-on

Hi!
    should be enought to go to the ZA browser security and turn OFF forcefield. This way the toolbat will be completely disabled.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

phoenixgtr Guest

In my case the toolbar did not reappear once I disabled it in IE, but its processes persisted in running (ForceField.exe and IWSVC) even when I shut down ZoneAlarm, and after I rebooted. I don't see a browser security tab in ZASS...is this a ZAES feature?

Thumbs up Re: ZoneAlarm toolbar Add-on

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgtr View Post
    In my case the toolbar did not reappear once I disabled it in IE, but its processes persisted in running (ForceField.exe and IWSVC) even when I shut down ZoneAlarm, and after I rebooted. I don't see a browser security tab in ZASS...is this a ZAES feature?

1.) the Browser Security Tab is a ZAES feature..

2.) However, the Browser (Forcefield Add-on toolbar) has been added to all other Paid version 9.0 of ZoneAlarm..

New Browser Security:
    • Advanced Download Protection:
      • Detects the latest zero-day threats in downloads that you initiate-before they reach your computer
      • Includes heuristic analysis and program check
      • Can run and analyze download behavior in a virtual environment if necessary
    • Spy site detection
    • Signature and heuristic phishing detection
    • Website safety check and rating

3.) One way I see of Removing that feature, is to Uninstall ZASS 9.0,
    then Durring Re-Install, Pay Close Attention to the Display Screens , one page will offer the option to Include two Browser Add-on options that are Checked by Default, if you don't want that Feature, then Un-check both options before continuing with the Install..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

phoenixgtr Guest

Thanks, GeorgeV. That's what I ended up doing. I'd have kept the toolbar installed if the processes didn't run all the time; I think they interfere with my recording software.
    I wish its processes only ran when the browser did, or at least if they stopped when I disconnect from the Internet and shut down ZoneAlarm. Is this the case with ZAES, or do those processes run all the time if forcefield is turned of in the browser sucurity tab?

Thanks, GeorgeV. That's what I ended up doing. I'd have kept the toolbar installed if the processes didn't run all the time; I think they interfere with my recording software.
    I wish its processes only ran when the browser did, or at least if they stopped when I disconnect from the Internet and shut down ZoneAlarm. Is this the case with ZAES, or do those processes run all the time if forcefield is turned of in the browser sucurity tab?

Sorry in order to ensure ZoneAlarm can protect your computer, ZA will try to protect your computer anytime the Computer is Turned ON..

If you have Compatible software installed that is being blocked..

Check ZA Program control / Program section..
    Look for any programs or drivers related to your program and give the program 2 gtreen Check marks from the Left.. and 3 green Bars for Supper trusted..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

phoenixgtr Guest

One thing I've always appreciated about ZA, in addition to its protection of course, is the option to uncheck the load on startup box, which I generally do because I am not connected unless I plug into my router. Lately, however, I've been letting ZA load on startup and then shutting it down to record, since there was a known issue with that checkbox and connectivity, and I haven't read that it's been resolved (has it?). This works just as well, since ZA's processes all shut down when asked--except for those two.
    I have since reinstalled ZASS without the toolbar, and even when I leave ZASS running when I am using the recording software (Sonar), things are usually OK, no special permissions needed for Sonar. So it's something about those two processes.
    Perhaps I will eventually upgrade to ZAES if turning off ForceField in the browser security tab stops those processes, so I could turn it on an off as needed. Perhaps I will download the trial version of ZAES and see if this is the case.

One thing I've always appreciated about ZA, in addition to its protection of course, is the option to unchecked the load on startup box, which I generally do because I am not connected unless I plug into my router.
    However please take note that any tampering protection in ZA will be off if you have that UN-ticked. Consequence: your ZA may be rendered useless without any evident problem. I would personally never recommend to unload ZA at boot.

Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information