Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZoneAlarm toolbar Add-on

phoenixgtr Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm toolbar Add-on

Tampering protection--I guess you mean features that run at boot-up. Point well taken, Fax. The habit was a holdover from older, less powerful systems when bootup took longer, and every process I could stop from running when I recorded mattered. To a degree, the latter still does, that's why it bothers me that Forcefield's processes do not shut down when ZASS does, at least without that browser security tab.
    Perhaps one of you gurus running ZAES can tell me if turning off FF in ZAES unloads those processes? Also, does the toolbar provide any added protection against "Personal AntiVirus" and similar malware?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgtr View Post
    Perhaps one of you gurus running ZAES can tell me if turning off FF in ZAES unloads those processes? Also, does the toolbar provide any added protection against "Personal AntiVirus" and similar malware?
    Which processes? Why Forcefield processes need to be turned OFF? Have you tried latest versions? FF hanging was an issue of the past versions.
    Of course, I assume you are not running any other security tools, if you do then I am sorry but I can't really help.

Fax
    P.S. FF executables are unloaded and TM will not show any FF executables but FF service will be still running.
    Last edited by fax; October 25th, 2009 at 01:28 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

phoenixgtr Guest

The only time I want ForceField processes to stop is when I'm offline (not connected to the Internet in any way), recording. It would be OK if I could stop the Forcefield and ISWS services manually if I need to (when the audio drivers get temperamental stopping extra processes often helps) but that is not an option. That's my only complaint, really. If I could just stop these processes if I really need to, I would like ForceField, especially if it protects against such nuisances as PAV malware.
    I'm not running any other security tools. Windows Defender is off, and I have not yet installed AdAware or Spybot on Win 7.
    Actually that brings up another toolbar-relaed question. Do FF services interfere if there is a need to run any other malware scan, like Malwarebytes?

Uuuhm, it seems quite a pain to be forced to turn off services when offline. This is the same for any Internet related service (OS and third party).

I would personally try to resolve your luck of memory or speed (?) then complicating your operation by manually turning off services whenever you do not need them.

For the rest, I am not aware of conflicts between MBAM free and FF.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information