Thread: Unknown Programs?

Hybrid View

Tori123 Guest

Default Unknown Programs?

I dont know if this is the right place to post this but i was looking at my list of programs and i have things listed like MSI2F.tmp,MSI3E.tmp,ns18.tmp,ns1.tmp,ns22.tmp does anyone know what these are? and what should i do with them, should i block them?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Unknown Programs?

Hi!
    the only way to check these files is to upload them to a scanner, for example, www.virustotal.com.

You can google the names, however this can generate false positives. A file name can be good and bad, the name is not a good reference.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Tori123 Guest

i googled them nothing really came up and i cant find them anywhere on my computer the only place is i see them is listed in zonealarm program list, does it mean they are still there even though i cant find them because i done a disc cleanup yesterday?

Hi!
    right click --> Properties. If you get an error they are not there anymore.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Tori123 Guest

Sorry to sound dumb but right click where? because when i right click thier name in zonealarm it just say remove or add program and obviously i cant right click the files because i cant find them in my computer.
    Sorry.

naivemelody Guest

Lightbulb Re: Unknown Programs?

Tori123, you name your post 'unknown programs?' did you ever see and read the thread just below yours ( the top post in this board- previously) "How can I remove programs in program control panel" > click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=70815 .

".tmp" = are usually temp files that are made when you've just installed any new software, downloaded a program, upgraded/ updated anything - these are temporary codes/ files that a pc creates, and later is not needed and can be 'usually' deleted - by you the user.

Depending on what ZA product you have (please always list your ZA firewall product, your OS - XP SP2/ 3, or Vista SP1/ 2, and the version number of your ZA firewall product. 8.0.298, 9.0., etc.) - you may still have cache cleaner that will actually clean up the files after you have 'only removed the names off your ZA program control panel' [ it's explained in my post that I mentioned above] or you can use your browser's clean-up of temp files. etc. Again there are explanaions from and by Microsoft/ Firefox, etc. on how and what to do exactly.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    If you want a recommendation for a 'cache cleaner' = clean-up your pc of old temp files (this will actully clear-out/ remove/ delete these types of old unused/ un-needed files)...

Cache cleaner: in most browsers IE7/8, Firefox, etc. there are controls, settings where you can also clean the cache/ cookies/ history, temp files, etc.

Recommended by most Guru/ Senior members - you can obtain the "free" CCLeaner. (I use this myself - it has more options/ settings and will do extra activities to help clean up pc's.)

Click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=70447__________________________________________________ ________
    NaiveMelody NYC 10-10-09 - All The Things She Said - t.A.T.u.
    Last edited by naivemelody; October 10th, 2009 at 09:52 PM.

Thread Information