Thread: True Vector Internet Monitor Issue ZA Extreme Security

DRYPSU Guest

Default True Vector Internet Monitor Issue ZA Extreme Security

So I installed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security on 9/14/09. I didn't have any problems and had been running ZA Internet Security prior to the change. On 10/7 I started getting an error with True Vector Internet Monitor shutting down and asking to restart it. Doing so appears to do nothing and I get a similar prompt in about 15 seconds.

I have followed the steps in a similar post:
    1.) Ran a deep scan from safe mode, came back clear.
    2.) Ran MalwareByte's and came back clear.
    3.) Ran the super spyware download and came back clear.
    4.) Uninstalled using the ZA remover linked and did all manual steps as well.
    5.) Reinstalled ZA Extreme Security and problem returned. Once the problem happens I lose the ability to access the internet with IE or Mozilla, even after shutting down ZA.

I guess it is possible that I have some virus that is not picked up by any of the up to date scans I did, but it seems like a deeper issue. I am unsure of where to go after the removal and reinstall didn't work.

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.114.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.114.000
    Driver version:9.0.114.000
    Antivirus/Antispyware engine version: 8.0.1.33 DAT File Version 986394848
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.895

Running Win XP SP 3.

Tried another uninstall and can't get it to update definitions either and antivirus / spyware just randomly shutting off and coming back on.
    Last edited by DRYPSU; October 9th, 2009 at 10:06 PM.

Default Re: True Vector Internet Monitor Issue ZA Extreme Security

Quote Originally Posted by DRYPSU View Post
    So I installed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security on 9/14/09. I didn't have any problems and had been running ZA Internet Security prior to the change. On 10/7 I started getting an error with True Vector Internet Monitor shutting down and asking to restart it. Doing so appears to do nothing and I get a similar prompt in about 15 seconds.

** Snip **

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.114.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.114.000
    Driver version:9.0.114.000
    Antivirus/Antispyware engine version: 8.0.1.33 DAT File Version 986394848
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.895

Running Win XP SP 3.

Tried another uninstall and can't get it to update definitions either and antivirus / spyware just randomly shutting off and coming back on.
    Several things can Cause a TrueVector Problem..

1.) Conflict with other Security programs, that Block or Compete with TrueVector..

2.) Malware

3.) Corrupted ZA Configuration Database..

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Please post back with your Progress Report..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jarip Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DRYPSU View Post
    I guess it is possible that I have some virus that is not picked up by any of the up to date scans I did, but it seems like a deeper issue. I am unsure of where to go after the removal and reinstall didn't work.
    Running Win XP SP 3.

I had the same kind of strange incident on 10/8, only with ZASS 9.0.114. First I tried to reset the database, but it didn't help. Then I uninstalled and installed again, but that didn't seem to help either. I was already thinking of restoring the system disk from a copy, but then the problem got away while I fiddled with the ZASS settings. The last thing before shutting down the PC on 10/7 was to launch MBAM installer downloaded from a link posted here by one of the gurus. The installer presented a dialog to choose the language, but at that point I decided to cancel because I had no real problems with my setup/PC.
    Last edited by jarip; October 11th, 2009 at 01:31 AM. Reason: MABM => MBAM

DRYPSU Guest

I had tried another removal and install this morning. I was able to get it to at least appear like true vector would stay up and running for few hours, but I have other issues like not being able to run the update for the definitions and showing as out of date. I tried a reset as you mentioned as well as that brings the same definition issue again. When I click update now then one of two things happens:

1.) Stops working because True Vector shuts down
    2.) Or just does nothing and as soon as I try to open a webpage I get The True Vector Internet Monitor has shut down. Do you wish to restart?
    Note: Through repeated button smashing just now of going through the message and clicking yes and then smashing away on update now I was able to update the definitions.

I have to go to safe mode to actually accomplish a complete scan since the thing keeps erroring out when true vector stops. Returns 0 infected but shortly after returning to normal windows environment I return to the true vector issue.

The only security programs I have running are spybot S&D and windows defender. I can uninstall them if that really seems like the issue but I had them running fine with it for the first 3 weeks without problems and I had no issues in the previous year running ZAIS.

Thread Information