Thread: Windows Security Issue

kevenh Guest

Angry Windows Security Issue

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Hi,

I posted a message a week ago about problems with a conflict regarding Windows Security Alerts telling me I had no firewall running when I did indeed have ZASS up and running and up to date.

I received a reply which fixed the issue. This was to shut down ZASS and restart it, and this works fine.

However since then, every time I reboot my machine the same thing happens, so every time I reboot I have to shut down ZASS then restart it. This is a pain, and I don't like to have no firewall running, even if it is just for a few seconds!

Is there a more permanent fix for this? I've just upgraded ZASS to the same version on my 32-bit Vista Home Premium system, and now have the same issue on that machine. So there is evidently some basic problem here.

I thought it was just moving to a 64-bit OS that was the problem, but it seems not. It's as if ZASS is starting up too quickly, and when it registers itself with Windows, Windows is not as yet ready, so doesn't get the message.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Ali Smith
    After trying the cpes_clean tool, and the SecurityCenterReset tool I still have problems.
    How are you getting on?

Default Re: Windows Security Issue

Quote Originally Posted by kevenh View Post
    After trying the cpes_clean tool, and the SecurityCenterReset tool I still have problems.
    How are you getting on?

A.) Please do Not "Hi-Jack" other Users request for help, with your Request for Help.."

B.) On the other Hand, If you have a Helpful Solution to Fix the problem, and NOT adding your on Request for Help, then your Welcome to reply to other Post..

As a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem, the Guideline Rules,ask each User to Please start their own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.

This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem, When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..

That is why you were asked Not to Hi-Jack somebody else's Request for Help

=======================

If The Windows Security Center Reset Tool did not Fix the problem for you, then you have several option..

1.) Since this is a Windows Issue, Report the Windows Security Center Conflict with ZoneAlarm Directly to Windows Tech support..

2.) If you have a Valid ZA License Key then Report the Details of your problem Directly to ZA Tech Support..

Click on the Support Link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information