Thread: Windows Vista SP2 doesn't recognize the new build

kevenh Guest

Default Windows Vista SP2 doesn't recognize the new build

I've has good mileage out of ZASS and when my renewal came up I expected even better from upgrading to ZAES

Nope.

Now Windows no longer recognises that I have antimalware, anti-virus protection, or a firewall.
    In the ZAES Control Centre I can toggle off and back the AV & Firewall functions to get their Windows Security Alerts off, but I have to select the self monitor option to stop the Malware complaints.

I have 9.0.114.000 which should be the very latest.

So far to fix the issue I've tried uninstalling ZAES with the cpes_clean tool, and reinstalling ZAES.
    And recentlyt I tried uninstalling ZAES with the cpes_clean tool with a SecurityCenterReset tool. After reinstalling ZAES I am in the same position.

Is there a way to fix this porperly?

There are a few posts with similar looking issues. Is there any news from ZL about known bugs?

Thumbs up Re: Windows Vista SP2 doesn't recognize the new build

Quote Originally Posted by kevenh View Post
    I've has good mileage out of ZASS and when my renewal came up I expected even better from upgrading to ZAES

Nope.

Now Windows no longer recognises that I have antimalware, anti-virus protection, or a firewall.
    In the ZAES Control Centre I can toggle off and back the AV & Firewall functions to get their Windows Security Alerts off, but I have to select the self monitor option to stop the Malware complaints.

I have 9.0.114.000 which should be the very latest.

So far to fix the issue I've tried uninstalling ZAES with the cpes_clean tool, and reinstalling ZAES.
    And recentlyt I tried uninstalling ZAES with the cpes_clean tool with a SecurityCenterReset tool. After reinstalling ZAES I am in the same position.

Is there a way to fix this porperly?

There are a few posts with similar looking issues. Is there any news from ZL about known bugs?
    Welcome Back..

Please Contact CheckPoint Tech Support Directly with Details of your Computer Make/ Model/ Version of Windows and ServicePack /Patches, and any other Security Software.. as well as any Error Message..

Click the Support link in my Signature..

If what Tech Support Suggested does not work, Please Continue to Provide Feedback Directly to Tech Support so that they can escalate your Problem to find a solution..

Please post back with you what you find out from Tech Support
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information