Thread: Foreign Language Character Input No Longer Works with ZA Extreme Security v9, FF v1.5

jason_sac Guest

Default Foreign Language Character Input No Longer Works with ZA Extreme Security v9, FF v1.5

After upgrading to ZoneAlarm Extreme Security v9 and ForceField v1.5, I can no longer type foreign language characters in any browser. When switching to Japanese character input, the characters come out at random instead of the letters I’ve actually typed. The new version of ForceField has completely screwed up this functionality. If I Turn Off ForceField then the language support works again.

Before v9 of ZA Extreme Security language support worked without problems.

(Foreign language support is standard with XP. You can enable it by configuring the options under the “Regional and Language Options” in Control Panel.)

Default Re: Foreign Language Character Input No Longer Works with ZA Extreme Security v9, FF

Hi!

already done what suggested here below?
    http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showpost...73&postcount=4

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jason_sac Guest

Default Re: Foreign Language Character Input No Longer Works with ZA Extreme Security v9, FF

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the suggestion you provided doesn't apply since it's for a "Japanese environment". I don't have a Japanese environment. I have an English environment. The Regional and Language Options allow you to type in Japanese as an option once enabled.

Then next stop is ZA technical support
    Link in my signature

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information