Thread: [SOLVED] Browser Security Toolbar missing in ZA Extreme --> Reset IE

The1hawk Guest

Default [SOLVED] Browser Security Toolbar missing in ZA Extreme --> Reset IE

I just bought and loaded ZA Extreme 9.0.114 with ForceField 1.5.36.15. I use IE 7.0 under XP. The Zonealarm Toolbar add-on shows "enabled" but does not show as an option under IE ("View ... Toolbars"). Does anyone know why this would happen and what to do to correct it. Thanks.
    Last edited by fax; October 12th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

The1hawk Guest

Default Re: Browser Security Toolbar missing in ZA Extreme

Problem solved. Issue was with IE. I followed these instructions from another related posting on how to reset IE:

Close all browsers
    Open ZoneAlarm
    Click Browser Security / Settings
    Click Advanced tab
    Clear virtual data and click okay
    Now turn Browser Security off and follow these steps here

Click Start / Control Panel / Internet Options
    Click Delete / Delete Temporary Internet Files
    Security (Tab) / Default Level
    Advanced (Tab) / Restore advanced settings

Thanks.

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: [SOLVED] Browser Security Toolbar missing in ZA Extreme --> Reset IE

Quote Originally Posted by The1hawk View Post
    I just bought and loaded ZA Extreme 9.0.114 with ForceField 1.5.36.15. I use IE 7.0 under XP. The Zonealarm Toolbar add-on shows "enabled" but does not show as an option under IE ("View ... Toolbars"). Does anyone know why this would happen and what to do to correct it. Thanks.
    Now that you've already taken a long route to correct that, you might be upset at me for telling you a real quick way I had the same thing happen. The ZA Toolbar was not visible even though it showed "enabled" in the settings. All I had to do to make it visible was open Internet Options go to the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to "Enable third-party browser extensions." I put a checkmark by that, then clicked "OK" or "Apply", and then closed/restarted IE. And the ZA Toolbar magically appeared in place. I didn't have to re-do the security settings or do a full reset of IE; only that one checkmark. Sorry I didn't see your question earlier Good luck.
    Last edited by critterjoe; October 21st, 2009 at 02:54 AM.

Thread Information