Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red/White Flashing Icon on Top of ZA Icon in Task Bar at Right Lower Corner

frebnad Guest

Default Red/White Flashing Icon on Top of ZA Icon in Task Bar at Right Lower Corner

This is my first post at ZoneAlarm forums.

Would someone kindly advise the meaning of and the reason for a frequently flashing rectangular red(top 1/3rd) + white(lower 2/3rds) icon on the right half of the ZA icon in the task bar at lower right of the display screen? The red portion has a white - in it, while the white portion has a black - in it. The icon flashes regardless of whether ZA is at rest/inactive or the red and green activity bars are on.

Also, there must be some site in ZoneAlarm where all the warning/alert/normal icons used by all ZoneAlarm versions are displayed and explained. Unfortunately, I cannot find it. Can someone post the link for me?

Many thanks.

Cheers.
    Last edited by frebnad; October 11th, 2009 at 10:05 AM.

Default Re: Red/White Flashing Icon on Top of ZA Icon in Task Bar at Right Lower Corner

Hi!
    please open the main ZA interface window, push on F1, push on search tab and search for "System Tray Icons". You will find screeshot and explanations on the meaning of the signs. Easy, no? The Cross means your ZA is corrupted.

If you see something else then please post a screenshot.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 11th, 2009 at 10:21 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Red/White Flashing Icon on Top of ZA Icon in Task Bar at Right Lower Corner

Quote Originally Posted by frebnad View Post
    This is my first post at ZoneAlarm forums.

Would someone kindly advise the meaning of and the reason for a frequently flashing rectangular red(top 1/3rd) + white(lower 2/3rds) icon on the right half of the ZA icon in the task bar at lower right of the display screen? The red portion has a white - in it, while the white portion has a black - in it. The icon flashes regardless of whether ZA is at rest/inactive or the red and green activity bars are on.

Also, there must be some site in ZoneAlarm where all the warning/alert/normal icons used by all ZoneAlarm versions are displayed and explained. Unfortunately, I cannot find it. Can someone post the link for me?

Many thanks.

Cheers.

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

1.) The Red&White Flahing Icon is telling you that ZoneAlarm is not Working properly, A.) either your have engages the LOCK-OUT feature to STOP ALL Internet Activity, or B.) you have other Security Software Installed that is Blocking ZoneAlarm..

2.) It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

A.) What Version of ZoneAlarm and Type (Free, ZAAV, ZAPro,ZASS, ZAES)

B.) What Version of Windows XP/XPPro SP3? Vista SP1 or SP2, Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

frebnad Guest

Thank you, fax and GeorgeV, for your prompt replies.

fax, thank you for guiding me to the "System Tray Icons", but the red & white icon described by me is not in the list of 5 icons displayed and described.

GeorgeV, thank you for your welcome to ZA User Forums, and your advice that the red & white flashing icon means that ZA is not working correctly.
    # I use MSW XP Pro SP2.
    # ZoneAlarm ZASS 5.0 with the antivirus inhibited, only the firewall active.
    # Symantec SEP 11.0 looks after my antimalware protection along with periodic passive scans by MBAM Free and SAS Free.
    This combination of ZASS and SEP has been on my PC for more than a month, but the flashing red & white icon began appearing only about 10/15 days ago.
    If the LOCK-OUT feature to stop all internet activity had been engaged, how cud I be accessing the internet and sending/receiving emails? In any case, do please guide me on what I should do with explanations on the assumption that I am a relative novice....which I am!!

Many thanks again.

Cheers.

but the red & white icon described by me is not in the list of 5 icons displayed and described. Cheers.
    The cross means your ZA is broken

Please note that ZA does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, WinPatrol, AVG, Avast free, NOD, Kaspersky, Comodo, Rising, PC Doctor, MS OneCare and many others. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZA is working as it should.

Cheers,
    Fax

frebnad Guest

fax, do please refer to my original post. The icon is not a cross. It is a red and white rectangular flashing icon; it flashes a few times and then it does not for quite a while, no fixed time intervals. And ZA still does generate windows asking for access to be allowed or not to various programs. And the programs do access the internet when I click the Allow button. Am looking for a simple fix if possible without going thru the rigmarole of de-installing and reinstalling both programs.

Cheers.

fax, do please refer to my original post. The icon is not a cross. It is a red and white rectangular flashing icon; Cheers.
    Please post a screenshot

Fax

frebnad Guest

Help!!!! How do I do that????

Hi!
    See here how to take a screenshot. Then you can upload the screenshot to a free service like http://imageshack.us/ and then post the link here.

Cheers,
    Fax

rasxyz777 Guest

hello frebna,
    I have the same red/withe Flashing Ico, did you ever figure it out? What is the answer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information