Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZA Pro for Free -Oct. 13, 2009 only

naivemelody Guest

Smile ZA Pro for Free -Oct. 13, 2009 only

ZoneAlarm will offer a free full version of ZoneAlarm® Pro 2010 on Tuesday, October 13, starting at ~ 6:00 a.m. PST. The promotion will last about 24 hours and represents a $40 value and includes a full year license for up to three PCs. It is limited to only one download per new customer. This offer will expire on Oct. 14 ~6:00 a.m. PST (relative to your time zone).

To participate in the promotion, click on > http://www.zonealarm.com/only24hours. (the web site will not be active until the correct time is reached/ relative to your time zone = 6:00 a.m. PST time zone) Patience.

or > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/sum/index.html?cid=W100020 << ^ Remember you must use these special links/ websites in order to obtain your 'free' ZA Pro. Last year they had a similar offer and there was at least one person who ordered a ZA Pro thru the regular ZA main website/ using their normal links - not using the special links/ website and regretfully did not get ZA Pro for free.

This promo info was culled from > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...009/pr_11.html
    __________________________________________________ __
    Click here for more information on ZoneAlarm Pro > http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/zonealarm-pro-firewall-anti-spyware.htm < System requiremets, FAQS, features, etc.
    __________________________________________________ __
    My Additional Thoughts:
    1- you must have a valid and verifiable email address. You will be sent a follow up email from ZoneAlarm with license key and download instructions. Expect an email from: ZoneAlarm (news@zonealarm.zonelabs.com) in your email box.
    2 - the license is only good for ZA Pro firewalls, not applicable to other ZA firewalls.
    3 - this is a good opportunity for regular ZA Free users to try ZA Pro for "free" for one year. In ZA Pro you get the "green dot" to indicate active programs/ accessing the internet, OS firewall security and Advanced Download Protection, etc. Click the above link for more info. ^
    4 - if you have ZA Free now, it is recommended you 'properly' un-install your ZA Free version before installing your new ZA Pro.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    4A - One important tip: You can try this: just prior to new downloading attempt, on your current/ old ZoneAlarm firewall > Overview> Preferences > General -> Uncheck the box for > 'Load ZoneAlarm at startup' > click once, wait - it may take a few
    seconds for it to register, but it will clear the box
    Please restart/ reboot.

(this helps prevents some 'true vector / vsmon.exe' issues - "needs to be shut-down...") when upgrading/ downgrading.
    __________________________________________________ ______
    1. Open ZoneAlarm on your computer. Double click on the ‘Z’ icon in your system tray in the lower right hand corner of your screen near your clock.

2. The ZA information screen should be open now. Click on Overview, and then click on Preferences.

3. Un-check the box called ‘Load ZoneAlarm at startup’ then close ZA.

4. Shutdown and reboot your PC. ZoneAlarm’s ‘Z’ icon should not appear in the system tray now after your system reboots.

5. Click ‘Start’ or your windows icon in the lower left hand corner of your screen.

6. Click Programs folder, Click ZoneAlarm folder

7. Mouse over the ‘Uninstall ZoneAlarm’ program and Right click and select Properties from the menu

8. Click on the box called Target. Scroll your cursor using the right arrow key on your keyboard to the end of the text in the box.

9. Once at the end of this text, Press the Space bar ONCE and they type: /clean

10. Click the OK button.

11. Now click Start, Click Programs folder, and Click ZoneAlarm folder.

12. Left Click the Uninstall ZoneAlarm program.

13. Take all the default prompts and questions, your system will reboot and now your old ZoneAlarm has been uninstalled.

14. Install your new ZA Pro. Enter license key in appropriate area.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    __________________________________________________ ___
    If you are trying ZoneAlarm firewalls for the first time...

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two 'software firewalls' at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility/ 'removal tool' or if not available use the Windows XP/ Vista 'add/remove' software tool in the control panel. You can add/ use a 'hardware firewall' included in a Wired Router, Wireless Router or Broadband Gateway with your ZoneAlarm firewall.

You may use ZoneAlarm Pro firewall with any brand anti-virus software of your choice; so long as there is no other firewall running/ or is installed. If you have a "suite= firewall + anti-virus, etc." you will have to make some changes.

If you have Norton or McAfee "Suite" security software - you may need their special 'Removal Tool' to help un-install files > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=39422 < remember this removes their firewall, anti-virus, anti-spy, etc. You may need to re-consider 'what' or 'how' to obtain your anti-virus software or consider a 'free' anti-virus software. If you are using "only" their anti-virus software - please disregard this paragraph. (alternately - if you do have a Norton or McAfee suite {firewall, anti-virus, etc.} you may be able to use their 'Removal Tool' and downgrade from their suite by calling their support and downgrade to 'only' their Anti-Virus product - lot's to consider.

Good luck all.
    Last edited by naivemelody; October 13th, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Default Re: ZA Pro for Free -Oct. 13, 2009 only

Unfortunately this offer is for first time customers only

Bobolina Guest

Hey Greb, They gave it to me and I am not a first time user.They have since changed some rules since I downloaded it first thing this morning. Plus for some reason the new free one doesnt work on Win7 wahhhh

Hey Bob,it's been a long time, how are you? You certainly aren't a first time user, thanks for the info.
    Take care of yourself

Bobolina Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greb49er View Post
    Hey Bob,it's been a long time, how are you? You certainly aren't a first time user, thanks for the info.
    Take care of yourself
    I am very well thanks for asking Greb, No I am in any way a first time user, and I used the same registration info I did back in the day, they emailed me a key, but since it was going on my Win7 box, it is now useless.. How are things with you?

nightfire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobolina View Post
    I am very well thanks for asking Greb, No I am in any way a first time user, and I used the same registration info I did back in the day, they emailed me a key, but since it was going on my Win7 box, it is now useless.. How are things with you?
    I'm guessing the Pro version won't support Windows 7 64-bit edition?

Quote Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
    I'm guessing the Pro version won't support Windows 7 64-bit edition?
    Hi!
    ZAPro support both 32 and 64bit of Windows 7 (when released).
    You will need to removed it before upgrading.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rroberto Guest

Is it safe to install Zone Alarm Pro 2010 with 1G RAM?

Bobolina Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!
    ZAPro support both 32 and 64bit of Windows 7 (when released).
    You will need to removed it before upgrading.

Fax
    In a matter of speaking, it is already been released, of course the official release in stores will be October 22nd, but hey it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobolina View Post
    Doing well Bob, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information