Thread: Temporarily shutting down Zonealarm

reinisb Guest

Default Temporarily shutting down Zonealarm

Hi all,

When I try to shutdown ZA temporarily using "Shutdown Zonealarm Extreme Security" to test whether it is causing an email sending problem I am having, ZA tells me "You may close Zonealarm Extreme Security, but you do not have access priviledges to shut down the TrueVector Internet Monitor. If you proceed, Internet access rules will still be in force, even without Zonealarm Extreme Security. Are you sure you want to quit?".

Is there a way to elevate priviledges in the running instance of ZA (I'm running Windows7) so that I can shut down ZA completely? Or is there another way to shut it down to test the effect it is having on my network? It used to be pretty simple to do, but now I can't.

I do understand that it is good from a security perspective, but there is no way to override it even if I am actually an administrator. I am running from a Standard User account, but most Win7 software you can force a UAC prompt to come up and elevate your priviledges.

ZA 9.1 on Windows 7 RC1.

Thanks,

Reinis

Default Re: Temporarily shutting down Zonealarm

Quote Originally Posted by reinisb View Post
    Hi all,

When I try to shutdown ZA temporarily using "Shutdown Zonealarm Extreme Security" to test whether it is causing an email sending problem I am having, ZA tells me "You may close Zonealarm Extreme Security, but you do not have access priviledges to shut down the TrueVector Internet Monitor. If you proceed, Internet access rules will still be in force, even without Zonealarm Extreme Security. Are you sure you want to quit?".

Is there a way to elevate priviledges in the running instance of ZA (I'm running Windows7) so that I can shut down ZA completely? Or is there another way to shut it down to test the effect it is having on my network? It used to be pretty simple to do, but now I can't.

I do understand that it is good from a security perspective, but there is no way to override it even if I am actually an administrator. I am running from a Standard User account, but most Win7 software you can force a UAC prompt to come up and elevate your priviledges.

ZA 9.1 on Windows 7 RC1.

Thanks,

Reinis

Sorry, But Problems with the BETA Version of ZoneAlarm are only Allowed to be discussed in the BETA Testers Forum area..

BETA programs are not Supported in the rest of the forum..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information