Thread: ZA Pro 9.114.000 Malware Scanning

orlan Guest

Default ZA Pro 9.114.000 Malware Scanning

My OS is Vista 64bit SP2. I have 6 GB of RAM and my processor is a Intel Core i7 920. I have over 600,000 files/objects on the computer. That's about 90 GB. I run Spybot-Search & Destory 1.6.2 in advance mode.

I have avast Home Edition 4.8, Windows Defender, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I keep them updated; both application and database. When I use the malware/spyware/anti-virus scanners in each malware software, they take between an hour to an hour and half. In each, I choose "thorough/full" scan option each time.

Spybot-Search and Destroy 1.6.2 takes under 6 minutes!!

Although I wished the others were a little quicker, 6 minutes does not give me a lot of confidence that Spybot-Search & Destroy is doing the job of scanning and securing my computer from unwanted malware. Six minutes is to quick! I have selected "All available checks" under "File Set" tab in the hope that it will scan/check for problems a little longer. No luck.

Am I missing something?

Can anybody using Spybot S&D assure me that Spybot S&D is doing the job?

What do you, my follow forum members, think?

Thanks
    orlan

Default Re: ZA Pro 9.114.000 Malware Scanning

Quote Originally Posted by orlan View Post
    My OS is Vista 64bit SP2. I have 6 GB of RAM and my processor is a Intel Core i7 920. I have over 600,000 files/objects on the computer. That's about 90 GB. I run Spybot-Search & Destory 1.6.2 in advance mode.

I have avast Home Edition 4.8, Windows Defender, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I keep them updated; both application and database. When I use the malware/spyware/anti-virus scanners in each malware software, they take between an hour to an hour and half. In each, I choose "thorough/full" scan option each time.

Spybot-Search and Destroy 1.6.2 takes under 6 minutes!!

Although I wished the others were a little quicker, 6 minutes does not give me a lot of confidence that Spybot-Search & Destroy is doing the job of scanning and securing my computer from unwanted malware. Six minutes is to quick! I have selected "All available checks" under "File Set" tab in the hope that it will scan/check for problems a little longer. No luck.

Am I missing something?

Can anybody using Spybot S&D assure me that Spybot S&D is doing the job?

What do you, my follow forum members, think?

Thanks
    orlan

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

"Can anybody using Spybot S&D assure me that Spybot S&D is doing the job?"

Sorry, but that Question should be posted on the Spybot S&D support Forum, unless Spybot S&D is Conflicting with ZAPro 9.0 that no longer inclides any Anti-Spyware to conflict with?

"
    Note: To serve our customers who have a need for a streamlined high-end firewall product, especially to complement an existing anti-virus program, ZoneAlarm Pro firewall no longer includes the anti-spyware feature. To further streamline in an age where web privacy controls are built into the most popular browsers and email attachment scanning is included in the major email applications, privacy controls and inbound MailSafe have also been removed with this release.

So your Question would be more apropiet for the Spybot Search& Destroy Forum..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information