Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: WSC Conflict

  1. #1
    curiousone Guest

    Default WSC Conflict

    Just for the record, I have a similar problem. Vista SP2+ Windows Sec Centre does not recognize the Anti-virus feature of ZAES Ver 9.0.114.00 AV/AS Ver 8.0.1.33 as being turned on until I turn the AV/AS inside ZAES off/on after each re-boot. A tiresome feature. Incidentally it is not only Windows Sec Centre. The latest version of HP PC Dashboard won't recognize that ZAES AV & on-line AV is on even after doing the of/on trick in ZAES. I hope that ZAES really IS working otherwise I will not be a happy chappy!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,461

    Thumbs up Re: Windows Vista SP2 doesn't recognize the new build

    Quote Originally Posted by curiousone View Post
    Just for the record, I have a similar problem. Vista SP2+ Windows Sec Centre does not recognize the Anti-virus feature of ZAES Ver 9.0.114.00 AV/AS Ver 8.0.1.33 as being turned on until I turn the AV/AS inside ZAES off/on after each re-boot. A tiresome feature. Incidentally it is not only Windows Sec Centre. The latest version of HP PC Dashboard won't recognize that ZAES AV & on-line AV is on even after doing the of/on trick in ZAES. I hope that ZAES really IS working otherwise I will not be a happy chappy!

    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

    Please Report the Full Details of your problem with WSC / HP PC dashboard directly to ZA Tech Support.. as they do not Monitor this User Forum..

    Click on the Tech Support link in my Signature..

    Continue providing Feedback to Tech support if the first solution does not resolve your issue, By providing continued Feeback, Tech Support will elevade the issue directly to the Developers and to Microsoft and HP..

    Let us know what you find out..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  3. #3
    curiousone Guest

    Unhappy Re: Windows Vista SP2 doesn't recognize the new build

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

    Please Report the Full Details of your problem with WSC / HP PC dashboard directly to ZA Tech Support.. as they do not Monitor this User Forum..

    Click on the Tech Support link in my Signature..

    Continue providing Feedback to Tech support if the first solution does not resolve your issue, By providing continued Feeback, Tech Support will elevade the issue directly to the Developers and to Microsoft and HP..

    Let us know what you find out..

    After corresponding with ZA Tech Support and ensuring that my Windows was up to date (which it was) doing a 'clean' uninstall and re-install with 'RAS' option my situation has not changed. Incidentally I also reset the Windows Security Centre and restarted it. Windows Vista Home Premium SP2+ still will not recognize I have virus protection unless I go into ZAES and turn AV/SpyW 'off' then 'on'. HP Advisor does not recognize it either. ZA's final technical response is: "We are aware of this issue and are checking into it. However, at this time, please rely on ZoneAlarm for status information." This looks awfully like a 'trust me I know what I'm doing' statement .

    Incidentally, why was my first response in the "Windows Vista SP2 doesn't recognize the new build" moved to its own WSC [????] thread?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,461

    Default Re: Windows Vista SP2 doesn't recognize the new build

    Quote Originally Posted by curiousone View Post

    Incidentally, why was my first response in the "Windows Vista SP2 doesn't recognize the new build" moved to its own WSC [????] thread?
    As Required by the Forum "Terms Of User" Policy that you agreeded to when you Joined this ZA user Forum..

    Your message was moved into it's own Trend to Prevent you from Hi-Jacking another Users Request for Help..

    As a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem,
    the Guideline Rules,ask each User to Please start their own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.

    This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem, When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..

    That is why you may have asked Not to Hi-Jack somebody else's Request for Help, and to Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •