Thread: I think Zone Alarm has let in an intruder .

Hybrid View

Harvey987 Guest

Default I think Zone Alarm has let in an intruder .

I dont understand computers.
    Suddenly my Dell says " file missing windows\system 32\config\system"
    And I've lost my original windows disc and it won't start to let me download anything .
    Any suggestions please .

myez Guest

Default Re: I think Zone Alarm has let in an intruder .

I'm no expert but as an intermediate level user who have solved a few problems (mostly by knowing how to find proper answers) I can offer you these comments:

1. If you want help you have to come up with more concise and detailed information, such as what ZA product and version you have, what is your operating system and what other security applications you have. What are the exact words of your error message? It sounds like a Windows XP system. If your ZA is just the firewall, how do you know
    you aren’t infected with a virus? A ZA firewall program such as ZA Pro isn’t supposed to protect you against viruses.
    However, a corrupt system isn't necessarily caused by a virus or an intruder.

2. What do you mean by saying “it won't start to let me download anything .” Does your computer not start at all? You can use MS help with this issue here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 , but since you said that you “don’t understand computers” if I were you I’d go to a pro. Try Dell support.

3. You better look harder to find your original Windows CD.

Harvey987 Guest

Default Re: I think Zone Alarm has let in an intruder .

Thanks Myez,
    As I thought -I will take it to a young person to sort it .
    I've noticed that children understand computers and electrical things now.
    Thanks

Thread Information