Thread: ZoneAlarm Pro or Forcefield causing weird Firefox issues

augabog Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Pro or Forcefield causing weird Firefox issues

Just upgraded from basic ZA to Pro, taking advantage of their free 1 day promotion. Now I wish I hadn't b/c Firefox is also screwy.

The first time I try I can open it. At some point left-clicking on links stops working but right-clicking and opening in a new tab works.

If I try to reopen firefox or try to open a 2nd firefox browser, it won't work. I have to go to my task manager and close firefox.

I don't get any error messages (except a couple times where firefox said can't reopen b/c already running but usually it says nothing when it won't open)

I scanned and am virus-free and this happened immediately after installing Pro, which apparently came w/ something called forcefield. Oddly enough turning both of these off doesn't appear to fix the issue.

I run Noscripts but I do not forbid scripts globally. I also run AVG.

Any ideas or similar problems?

Thanks,
    K

vadek Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Pro or Forcefield causing weird Firefox issues

I just installed ZA Pro 9.0.112.000, ticked to include the Forcefield toolbar, then when it totally screwed up my Firefox 3.5 menus I had to uninstall it (the toolbar). I easily uninstalled Forcefield using Revo Uninstaller.

I'd report the problem with it corrupting Firefox, but as the ZA support system just takes me round in circles I gave up.

rdmacl Guest

I have had the same problem with Firefox 3.5. Apparently Force Field is running although I can't find the ZA or FF toolbars.

Is Force Field supposed to be active with 9.0.136?

Quote Originally Posted by rdmacl View Post
    I have had the same problem with Firefox 3.5. Apparently Force Field is running although I can't find the ZA or FF toolbars.

Is Force Field supposed to be active with 9.0.136?
    Here is the latest Change.log for ZAPro..

ZoneAlarm Pro version 9.0.114.000
    • Browser security fixes:
      • Fixed: Unable to install Adobe Flash Player add-on under Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3 in Internet mode
      • Fixed: Unable to install No Script add-on for Firefox when virtualization is enabled
      • Fixed: Communication with Smart Defense Advisor.

• Other fixes:
      • Fixed: AV DAT version is correctly refreshed after an AV update
    ZoneAlarm Pro version 9.0.112.000
    • Browser security fixes:
      • Fixed: Not possible to type in Internet Explorer (IE) 7 in Private browsing mode
      • Fixed: System stops responding after opening PDF file in IE 7 and 8 on XP when virtualization is on

• Compatibility and Stability improvements:
      • Fixed: Blue screen crash after starting IE 7 (if ForceField is set to manual startup)
      • Fixed: Performance problems when using iTunes
      • Fixed: Screen freezes during ZoneAlarm installation or configuration in some cases

• Other fixes:
      • Fixed: Adding a firewall rule to block a specific hostname blocked all traffic
    ZoneAlarm Pro version 9.0.083.000
    • New Browser Security:
      • Advanced Download Protection:
        • Detects the latest zero-day threats in downloads that you initiate-before they reach your computer
        • Includes heuristic analysis and program check
        • Can run and analyze download behavior in a virtual environment if necessary
      • Spy site detection
      • Signature and heuristic phishing detection
      • Website safety check and rating
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rdmacl Guest

Force Field does not show on the ZA Pro Control Centre. The Toolbar appears on IE8 but does not appear now on Firefox. It did until I clicked on "Switch to short toolbar" under settings and now it has disappeared with no indication how to restore it.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rdmacl View Post
    Force Field does not show on the ZA Pro Control Centre. The Toolbar appears on IE8 but does not appear now on Firefox. It did until I clicked on "Switch to short toolbar" under settings and now it has disappeared with no indication how to restore it.

Any suggestions?

1.) Remove ZAPro use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool:

remove ZA with the ZA removal tool, then

2.) Re-Install ZAPro 9.0.114.000 , But this time Pay Close attention to the Display popups durring the Install..

one page will offer you the chance to Include two (2) Browser Addons
    Both are Checked by Defalt.. If you do not want the ForceField Toolbar, then UN-CHECK thos two Addons durring the install of ZAPro..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information