Thread: Scanning Concern/Question

garibaldifan Guest

Question Scanning Concern/Question

When scanning files for viruses (as in highlight the files, right click and select "Scan with ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus), the end report often doesn't show having scanned all the files. For example, I can scan 5 .doc files and the results show that only 4 files have been scanned and are virus-free; or I scan one .avi file and it says it's detected no viruses, but shows "0" for number of files scanned or 2 files (1 a jpeg, the other an mp3) - the scan result says "no infections were found", but the scan details show "Files Scanned 0" and "Items Scanned Complete". I tried 2 zip files, but the results only recognized 1 of them. I tried 3 pdf files but 0 showed in the results.

My concern is -- am I not fully protected? Is there something I haven't done in terms of setting up the program (I've had this for 2 years now)

ZoneAlarm Anti-virus version:9.0.112.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.112.000
    Driver version:9.0.112.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:995186272

XP Home V2002 SP3

I'd really appreciate any suggestions/point me in the right direction to read up somewhere if there's something I need to do.

Thanks
    G

Default Re: Scanning Concern/Question

Hi!
    you could try to update to the latest version (remove previous version) or trying the latest beta (9.1.X.) at www.zonealarm.com/beta

Or finally contacting ZA technical support at the link in my signature.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information