Thread: ZAPRO 9.0.114 + Win7 questions

Scotty2010 Guest

Default ZAPRO 9.0.114 + Win7 questions

Hi,

let's have another try on this issue.

Short description: I'm losing spontaneously my file shares to my desktop, accessing it with my notebook. Both are on Win7 with newest ZAPRO 9.0.114.

ZA Program Control is set to Medium (that is asking for permission when accessing any resources). I detected a loss of the file shares when ZA asked for such a permission.

Also I like to report some incompatibilities with other programs (e.g. RADMIN 3.4). Opened all ports but can't get a connection. When shutting down ZA the connection is established.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott

Default Re: ZAPRO 9.0.114 + Win7 questions

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2010 View Post
    Hi,

A.) let's have another try on this issue.

B.) Short description: I'm losing spontaneously my file shares to my desktop, accessing it with my notebook. Both are on Win7 with newest ZAPRO 9.0.114.

ZA Program Control is set to Medium (that is asking for permission when accessing any resources). I detected a loss of the file shares when ZA asked for such a permission.

C.) Also I like to report some incompatibilities with other programs (e.g. RADMIN 3.4). Opened all ports but can't get a connection. When shutting down ZA the connection is established.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott

A.) Thank you for your Cooperation in the previous matter..

B.) Officially, Windows7 issues with ZoneAlarm are ONLY handled by the BETA Forum, until Microsofts Official Release of Windows7 on Oct. 22, 2009..

There have been BETA Testers Reporting conflict with Windows7,
    there is a NEW ZA BETA 9.1.007 just released that may have improved the Conflicts with Windows7.. I suggest Uninstalling ZA 9.0.114, and try the New ZA BETA 9.1.007 and Provide Feedback Directly to the BETA team So that the developers can Fix the compatibility issues..

C.) RADMIN 3.4 - (Is this Windows7 compatible?)

I use (RADMIN 3.3). on Both WinXP Sp3, and 32-Bit Vista Ultimate with no problem contacting 10 Remote computers.. But AFAIK (RADMIN 3.3). is not compatible with Windows 7..

It might be useful to also file a Bug Report with RADMIN.COM (about Windows7/ZoneAlarm Conflict with RADMIN 3.4)

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Scotty2010 Guest

Default Re: ZAPRO 9.0.114 + Win7 questions

Thanks for the reply.

Just to complete my first post; I've got a final Win7 Pro via MSNAA which is available for some weeks now. I'll give ZA Beta a try.

Radmin 3.4 is officially release with full Win7 support. Sure I'll take the issues up with their cust. support as well. May take a while....

Thanks,
    Scott

Thread Information