Thread: Security Tools Malware Continued

js4ester Guest

Unhappy Security Tools Malware Continued

I have also been afflicted with the Security Tools Malware. Initially, I got the window saying I was infected. I managed to get it to go away, but was left with a blank screen with no icons and no way to do anything but shutdown.

I did read the posts regarding performing a full deep scan with ZASS in Safe Mode with Networking. I did all of that.
    It does seem to find and fix plenty of viruses and malware. It found 11 in total this morning. After doing this, my system seems to run fine for most of the day, but after running all day, I start to see symptoms of my PC having a virus again. I don't ever see the Security Tools Window popping up any more, but I do find the numbered folders it creates. It also starts slowing my system down and freezing up my PC. Once again, I do another deep scan and it seems to fix everything for a day.
    Apparently ZASS isn't finding everything. Something is staying behind and reinstalling itself. I did try downloading the MBAM program as suggested. It seemed to install, but will not run. I also tried the 2nd suggested program, superantispyware. That would not install at all.
    I did try running Spyware Doctor, which I ran immediately after doing a ZASS deep scan. It found an additional 30 or so viruses, but would not do anything about them until I sent in $30. The fact that it found so many additional viruses right after running ZASS seemed suspect to me, so I didn't feel comfortable going that route.
    As of right now while I'm writing this, my PC seems to be working fine, but I know in a few hours, it's going to be exhibiting viral symtoms again.
    There has to be a better solution than just going into safe mode and running deep scans every day to keep my PC running? Is it time to bite the bullet and reformat? If there are any other ideas out there, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Default Re: Security Tools Malware Continued

Hi!
    apparently you have not done all the steps suggested! You forgot the last point. And remember DO NOT load other security tools, it is a waste of time and resources and will not necessarily increase security.

Only by having the PC cleaned by experts you will be sure you are clean.

Post your Hijackthis log to BleepingComputer or SpywareHammer

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

js4ester Guest

Only by having the PC cleaned by experts you will be sure you are clean.

Post your Hijackthis log to BleepingComputer (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html) or SpywareHammer (http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=o6ln84eugurobo0di37ntl6fs6&boa rd=10.0)

I'm not the most savvy of PC users...What exactly is my "Hijackthis" log?

But again, is this just simply a virus that Zonealarm is unable to deal with?
    As I'm writing this I'm already under attack again from sisa.exe and it's already generated it's 8 digit folder in my Application Data folder, 33130212. Every time, it's a new number.

Anyway, if you could just tell me what the "Hijackthis" log is?

Quote Originally Posted by js4ester View Post
    Post your Hijackthis log to BleepingComputer
    Its all explained in those sites, they will guide you. Don't worry.
    No solution can protect you 100%, you just need to understand better what to allow to install and what not

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information