Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: No Anti Spam Toolbar or functionality

  1. #1
    print1391 Guest

    Default No Anti Spam Toolbar or functionality

    I am running Extreme Security with the following verions;

    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.114.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.114.000
    Driver version:9.0.114.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:995361440
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.7
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.955

    When I open Outlook 2007 I cannot see the Anti Spam Toolbar and no messages are filtered. I have tried other fixes listed on this forum, such as turning the protection off and then on again, resetting databases by using the Shift + Control and right clicking the ZA icon, then Reset, Checking to see if the Anti Spam is disabled within Outlook 2007. I then checked within Outlook - Tools - Trust Centre - Add-ins - Manage COM Add-ins.

    When I look at this option, I see that mlfashim.dll is inactive. I click on manage COM add-ins and I can see MflOutlookAddin.MlfAddin is unchecked. When I ckeck the box and click OK, it states "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred ruring the loading of the COM Addin (mlfashim.dll)

    Does anyone know how I can correct this to get Anti Spam up and working again?

  2. #2
    print1391 Guest

    Default Re: No Anti Spam Toolbar or functionality

    Can anyone help with this? I have removed Outlook Connector as previously suggested, then unistalled and re-installed ZAX, but still thew same problem. I see exactly as described in my original post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,463

    Default Re: No Anti Spam Toolbar or functionality

    Quote Originally Posted by print1391 View Post
    Can anyone help with this? I have removed Outlook Connector as previously suggested, then unistalled and re-installed ZAX, but still thew same problem. I see exactly as described in my original post

    1.) shut down outlook..

    2.) check ZA Control center.. / Email protection section..

    3.) make sure all option on the Main page are "ON"

    4.) Close ZA control center.. and Restart Outlook..

    does the Tooolbar show up now in outlook?
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  4. #4
    print1391 Guest

    Default Re: No Anti Spam Toolbar or functionality

    No it doesn't. I see the same thing. If I right click on the Outlook toolbar I only see options for Standard, Advanced and Web. No ZA Anti Spam. And I see the same thing when I look at the Outlook options to manage COM Add-ins, mlfashim.dll will not load due to a runtime error. In the list of add-ins, this option is unchecked. When I check it and click 'okay' the option box closes. If I then open the same option box again, mlfashim.dll is unchecked again, and when I click on it it states it was not loaded due to runtime error.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,463

    Default Re: No Anti Spam Toolbar or functionality

    Quote Originally Posted by print1391 View Post
    No it doesn't. I see the same thing. If I right click on the Outlook toolbar I only see options for Standard, Advanced and Web. No ZA Anti Spam. And I see the same thing when I look at the Outlook options to manage COM Add-ins, mlfashim.dll will not load due to a runtime error. In the list of add-ins, this option is unchecked. When I check it and click 'okay' the option box closes. If I then open the same option box again, mlfashim.dll is unchecked again, and when I click on it it states it was not loaded due to runtime error.

    Ok try this..

    ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.


    To repair this problem, please follow the steps below.
    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  6. #6
    print1391 Guest

    Default Re: No Anti Spam Toolbar or functionality

    Just tried this but it has made no difference. I still have the same problem with the same symptoms

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,463

    Default Re: No Anti Spam Toolbar or functionality

    Quote Originally Posted by print1391 View Post
    Just tried this but it has made no difference. I still have the same problem with the same symptoms

    Please Contact Checkpoint Tech Support.. Click Link in my Signature..

    Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •