Thread: ZASS won't stop upgrading!

katjm Guest

Default ZASS won't stop upgrading!

I am using Windows XP SP3 and Internet Explorer 8.

Zone Alarm Security Suite 90.114.000

It started "updating" over 1 hr 1/2 ago and won't STOP. There is nothing filling up in the bar, the circle indicator just goes around and around. I hit the cancel button but it won't stop. Nothing is upgrading, but my computer is running SLOW SLOW SLOW!

Why have a cancel button, if the cancel button does not cancel anything?

How can I manually stop this process? I'm trying to do work and can't get anything to load up because the upgrade is using all the computers resources! It appears I am spending more time at work trying to get the Zone Alarm to operate correctly then I am progressing on any actual WORK! This is insane.

Ok, it stopped responding and shut down. I started it up and it immediately started with the "update" again. I can't STOP IT! HELP!

Right now, it won't even let me open it up. Is this a known issue? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks...

Default Re: ZASS won't stop upgrading!

Quote Originally Posted by katjm View Post
    I am using Windows XP SP3 and Internet Explorer 8.

Zone Alarm Security Suite 90.114.000

It started "updating" over 1 hr 1/2 ago and won't STOP. There is nothing filling up in the bar, the circle indicator just goes around and around. I hit the cancel button but it won't stop. Nothing is upgrading, but my computer is running SLOW SLOW SLOW!

Why have a cancel button, if the cancel button does not cancel anything?

How can I manually stop this process? I'm trying to do work and can't get anything to load up because the upgrade is using all the computers resources! It appears I am spending more time at work trying to get the Zone Alarm to operate correctly then I am progressing on any actual WORK! This is insane.

Ok, it stopped responding and shut down. I started it up and it immediately started with the "update" again. I can't STOP IT! HELP!

Right now, it won't even let me open it up. Is this a known issue? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks...

This may happen when your ZA Configuration Database file is Corrupted..

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information