Thread: WinVista Doesn't Recognize Zone Alarm Pro

dwbenson Guest

Default WinVista Doesn't Recognize Zone Alarm Pro

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2, and Zone Alarm Pro. I recently installed the upgrade to:
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:9.0.114.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.114.000
    Driver version:9.0.114.000

Since installing the Zone Alarm upgrade, Vista doesn't seem to recognize my firewall. When I boot my laptop, everything appears to start up normally. However, I get the Vista warning message stating that I have no firewall running. The Zone Alarm icon appears in the system tray, and it changes from the normal "Z" logo to the red and green bars to indicate network activity. I also get the normal pop-up Zone Alarm messages about new programs (such as after I install a Vista upgrade and Zone Alarm has to update its records of Windows Explorer). However, I consistently get the Vista warning message about no firewall on start up. I did not get this message prior to the upgrade to version 9.0.114.000.

Can anyone tell me what to do to make Vista recognize Zone Alarm?

Default Re: WinVista Doesn't Recognize Zone Alarm Pro

[QUOTE=dwbenson;268217]I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2, and Zone Alarm Pro. I recently installed the upgrade to:
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:9.0.114.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.114.000
    Driver version:9.0.114.000

Since installing the Zone Alarm upgrade, Vista doesn't seem to recognize my firewall. When I boot my laptop, everything appears to start up normally. However, I get the Vista warning message stating that I have no firewall running. The Zone Alarm icon appears in the system tray, and it changes from the normal "Z" logo to the red and green bars to indicate network activity. I also get the normal pop-up Zone Alarm messages about new programs (such as after I install a Vista upgrade and Zone Alarm has to update its records of Windows Explorer). However, I consistently get the Vista warning message about no firewall on start up. I did not get this message prior to the upgrade to version 9.0.114.000.

Can anyone tell me what to do to make Vista recognize Zone Alarm?[/QUOTE]

Your Question has been answered several times in this Section of the forum..

Pleas read the Sticky notes at the top of this section..

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information