Thread: system restore won't work

dave1622 Guest

Default system restore won't work

Whenever I try to run System resore I get this error message: An unspecified error occurred during system restore. I did some checking and found Norton security causes this problem. I don't have Norton. Would ZA be causing this problem??

I am using Vista Home Premium 64 bit on a Dell laptop

Dave

Default Re: system restore won't work

Quote Originally Posted by dave1622 View Post
    Whenever I try to run System resore I get this error message: An unspecified error occurred during system restore. I did some checking and found Norton security causes this problem. I don't have Norton. Would ZA be causing this problem??

I am using Vista Home Premium 64 bit on a Dell laptop

Dave
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Most New Computers are Sold with a PRE-Installed 30-60 day Trial version of Norton Security or McAfee Security installed..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP or Vista add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP or Vista add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarmŽ Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dave1622 Guest

No other security softwares on my laptop. I tried using safe mode, that didn't work either. I also tried running system restore at boot up hitting the f-8 key. All that happens there is I get a message saying system restore is already running. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

ALSO, I have ZA on 3 computers. I just renewed and put ZA extreme security on one of the computers to see how it works. Everytime I shut down I get a message get a message to end process--Force field.exe. How do I fix that. Also In purchasing ZA it said the extreme security was free. Do I still get all the benifits of Security Suite??

Thanks for your help

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave1622 View Post
    No other security softwares on my laptop. I tried using safe mode, that didn't work either. I also tried running system restore at boot up hitting the f-8 key. All that happens there is I get a message saying system restore is already running. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

ALSO, I have ZA on 3 computers. I just renewed and put ZA extreme security on one of the computers to see how it works. Everytime I shut down I get a message get a message to end process--Force field.exe. How do I fix that. Also In purchasing ZA it said the extreme security was free. Do I still get all the benifits of Security Suite??

Thanks for your help

Dave
    Thank you for your Feedback..

Please Contact ZA tech Support directly with Details of your Computer , Version of ZA and what kind of problem your having..

Click the support link in my Signature..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarmŽ Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Note that you cannot create restore points in safe mode, only load them. So when you want to run System Restore in safe mode, I would suggest to create an undo restore point in regular mode in case you want to revert back.System Restore does not create an Undo in Safe Mode.So make sure to create one before going into Safe Mode.

Have a nice Day, Game time.Bye

Charles B

Thread Information