Thread: when checking for product update, I get antivirus update ...

Default when checking for product update, I get antivirus update ...

When I check for product update (on the Overview / Preferences windows), I get an antivirus update dialog... not a a link to product update.
    What is the matter .
    It worked fine so far...

ZASS version 9.0.0.083
    Win XP

Default Re: when checking for product update, I get antivirus update ...

Quote Originally Posted by ptulkens View Post
    When I check for product update (on the Overview / Preferences windows), I get an anti-virus update dialog... not a a link to product update.
    What is the matter .
    It worked fine so far...

ZASS version 9.0.0.083
    Win XP

Sorry, But on occasion, Checkpoint Turns off Access to the Product Servers Temporarily, until they are ready to Ship out new Products in a timely manner..

The "Check for Product Update" should be turned back on soon..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

OK and thank you !

I guess I may not have been patient enough... but was surprized because checking for product update used to only opening a dialog concerning the download of a new version. Now I see that checking for product update it first results in checking for antivirus update and THEN for product update. Since the check for antivirus update takes some time, I could not see that the check for product update would actually follow.

Now, the full dialog tells me that I have the last version. Yet, my present version is 9.0.083.000 but if I go to the ZoneLabs web site (http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html) that this version is from August 2009, and is now superseded by version 9.1.008.000 (and there has been 2 other versions since August).

Why did the "check for product update" did not offer me the last version (I tried to "update" several times and waited for full completion) ?

Quote Originally Posted by ptulkens View Post
    OK and thank you !

I guess I may not have been patient enough...

Snip.

Now, the full dialog tells me that I have the last version. Yet, my present version is 9.0.083.000 but if I go to the ZoneLabs web site (http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html) that this version is from August 2009, and is now superseded by version 9.1.008.000 (and there has been 2 other versions since August).

Why did the "check for product update" did not offer me the last version (I tried to "update" several times and waited for full completion) ?
    Please try to be patient enough to at least read my reply ..

I told you why..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information