Thread: Zone Alarm Extreme Security and AVG

Cajun Guest

Default Zone Alarm Extreme Security and AVG

I have been a _satisfied_ Zone Alarm customers for many years, using 80_298_000_en.exe; . A couple of weeks ago, my program was upgraded with ZAPSETUP_90_114_000_EN.EXE by Zone Alarm however, I subsequently found out that this was a trial version only. This upset me, so I sourced and installed the "free" edition.

This morning I had second-thoughts and your records will show that, this morning, I signed-up for your Zone Alarm Extreme Security. HOWEVER, when I attempted to install this download, I received an error message advising that your new Zone Alarm was conflicting with my existing A.V.G. Virus program and I was required to uninstall AVG. I was NOT about to do that because I've been very happy with the combination of AVG and Zone Alarm security in the past.

I then uninstalled Zone Alarm and reinstalled my previous downloaded copy of ZAPSETUP_90_114_000_EN.EXE which installed without any problem.

I then attempted to install the provided ZA Extreme Security key however, 90_114_000_en.exe does not support this key.

What do I do now???

Cajun

Thumbs up Re: Zone Alarm Extreme Security and AVG

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    I have been a _satisfied_ Zone Alarm customers for many years, using 80_298_000_en.exe; . A couple of weeks ago, my program was upgraded with ZAPSETUP_90_114_000_EN.EXE by Zone Alarm however, I subsequently found out that this was a trial version only. This upset me, so I sourced and installed the "free" edition.

This morning I had second-thoughts and your records will show that, this morning, I signed-up for your Zone Alarm Extreme Security. HOWEVER, when I attempted to install this download, I received an error message advising that your new Zone Alarm was conflicting with my existing A.V.G. Virus program and I was required to uninstall AVG. I was NOT about to do that because I've been very happy with the combination of AVG and Zone Alarm security in the past.

I then uninstalled Zone Alarm and reinstalled my previous downloaded copy of ZAPSETUP_90_114_000_EN.EXE which installed without any problem.

I then attempted to install the provided ZA Extreme Security key however, 90_114_000_en.exe does not support this key.

What do I do now???

Cajun

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

1.) ZA License Keys are not Interchangeable..

ZAP Valid keys will only work on versions of ZAP .
    ZASS Valid keys will only work on versions ZASS .
    ZAES (Extreme Security) valid keys will only work on versions of ZAES..

2.) Both ZA Free and ZAPro do not include Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware,so you are allowed to use other Anti-Virus programs with them..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

=======================

3.) if you wish to stay with AVG, then use the ZA Uninstall tools to clean all the Remnants of ZAES (ZAX) off your computer and do a Clean Install of ZAP 9.1.008.000

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

6.) Contact Checkpoint Customer Support ( Click link in my Signature) and ask for a refund on your ZA Extreme key, (they will then De-Activate the new ZA Extreme Key and make a Refund.. and if your ZAP Key is not Expired, your set to go back to ZAP and AVG..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Cajun Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme Security and AVG

Hi George:

Thanks for the _excellent_ explanation... I want to continue with AVG as well as Zone Alarm, so I contacted ZA refund department HOWEVER, they cannot process credit until _after_ 48 hours (which I understand).

I will source the suggested ZAP9.1.008.000 after I've obtained my refund for the ZA Extreme Security.

Have a great weekend.

Cajun

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme Security and AVG

Your Welcome..

Have a good weekend
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information