Thread: Outlook 2007, Outlook Connector & ZAExtreme Security

olae Guest

Unhappy Outlook 2007, Outlook Connector & ZAExtreme Security

After installing Outlook connector on my Vista (Home Prtem 32 bit) laptop the SonicWall plug in to outlook failed.

After some searching on the forums I couldn't get it to work so, rather than go through whole reinstall process decided to live with it.

I have just clean installed Win 7 (64 Bit), then installed MS Office 2007, then Outlook connector & finally ZA Extreme Security Version 9.0.114.000 (can't seem to copy all the version info from ZA so haven't written it all.).

Guess what - Outlook crashes unless I disable sonicwall :-(

Given everything is a clean install (I did use the easy transfer but don't think anything from ZA has come) .
    This is so frustrating. Any help very gratefully recieved.

Default Re: Outlook 2007, Outlook Connector & ZAExtreme Security

Hi!
    ZA does not like outlook connector. Why do you need outlook connector? if you use hotmail you can set it up directly in outlook 2007.
    See here

Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 25th, 2009 at 09:57 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

olae Guest

OK thanks will try that; assume it will work in UK.

That said ** Bleep ** I'm happy to fiddle but doubt my parents would be. ** Bleep ** A google search doesn't seem to show Kasparsky having this problem; I know this cause my dad has given me a hard time about this as I recommended ZA to him a couple of years ago. :-)

** Bleep **
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 28th, 2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Violations of Terms Of Use Policy

Hi!

sorry not ZA staff here only users. You may want to contact official ZA support for more info.

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

olae Guest

Smile Re: Outlook 2007, Outlook Connector & ZAExtreme Security

Thanks Fax

Slightly off topic but seems sensible to put it here & I can't private message GeorgeV to ask

Can you tell me why he would have edited my post please

As you see I'm a newbie & I can't see what I did that was wrong, rude or inflamatory.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by olae View Post
    Thanks Fax

Slightly off topic but seems sensible to put it here & I can't private message GeorgeV to ask

Can you tell me why he would have edited my post please

As you see I'm a newbie & I can't see what I did that was wrong, rude or inflamatory.

Thanks in advance for the advice
    Here is why I Sinsored part of your Post..

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Discussion Board User Terms of Use
    THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW (THE "Terms") GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB (THE "Site") AND ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU ("you" or "User") AND ZoneAlarm, a Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. Company, ("ZoneAlarm"). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING THE SITE.

BY CLICKING ON THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON AND COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. BY CLICKING ON THE "I DECLINE" BUTTON, YOU WILL BE RETURNED TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE AND WILL NOT BE PROVIDED WITH ACCESS TO THE SITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE YOUR CONTINUED AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY EACH OF THE TERMS SET FORTH BELOW.

Modification of these Terms of Use
    You agree that ZoneAlarm may revise these Terms at any time. In the event ZoneAlarm revises these Terms, ZoneAlarm will post a notice in the "Announcement" forum of this Site containing a link to the revised Terms. You agree that your continued use of the Site after such revisions have been made will constitute your acceptance of such revised Terms.

User Content
    This Site contains information and material posted by users (including you, if you submit material and/or information to this Site) (collectively "User Content"). All users are collectively referred to herein as "Users."
    ZoneAlarm is not a publisher of User Content. Accordingly, ZoneAlarm has no more editorial control over such content than does a library or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available as part of such User Content are those of the respective Users and not of ZoneAlarm. ZoneAlarm does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any User Content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
    The information available through the Site represents the opinions and/or judgments of the respective Users. ZoneAlarm neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, statement or other information set forth on the Site or other content available through the Site. Under no circumstances will ZoneAlarm be liable for any loss or damage caused by a User's reliance on information obtained through the Site. It is the responsibility of User to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and/or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site.

General Use Restrictions
    In order to be a User of this Site, you must be at least 13 years of age. You represent to ZoneAlarm that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are not at least 13 years of age, you must click the "I Decline" button.

This Site contains certain trademarks, logos, graphics and images (collectively, the "Materials") of ZoneAlarm and are ZoneAlarm's intellectual property. ZoneAlarm grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and to display the Materials only on your personal computer and to print a single copy for your personal use. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Materials in any manner. This limited license terminates automatically, without notice to you, if you breach any of these Terms. Upon termination of this limited license, you agree to immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials. Except as stated herein, you acknowledge that you have no right, title or interest in or to the Site or any Materials on any legal basis.

Submissions
    You acknowledge that you are responsible for the information and material that you submit (each a "Submission") in connection with this Site, and that you, and not ZoneAlarm, will have full responsibility for each such Submission, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright. Once posted, each Submission shall be deemed to constitute "User Content." You agree that any Submission provided by you in connection with this Site is provided on a non-proprietary and non-confidential basis. You agree that ZoneAlarm shall be free to use or disseminate any Submission on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You further agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Site any material protected by copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by any such right is on you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or any other harm resulting from any Submission.

ZoneAlarm asks that you respect our on-line community and participating individuals. Your conduct should be guided by common sense, basic etiquette and the "Community Guidelines" posted by ZoneAlarm on the Site (as periodically revised by ZoneAlarm). To further these common goals when posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site, you agree not to:
    • Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Participate in off-topic discussions (except as appropriate in the "Miscellaneous" forum).
    • Post any fraudulent, misleading or malicious Submissions.
    • Offer for sale products or services.
    • Disparage the products or services of any company or individual.
    • Link to content not allowed on the Site.
    • Impersonate or represent ZoneAlarm, ZoneAlarm's employees or other industry professionals.
    • Solicit another User's password or other account information.
    • Harvest User names or email addresses for any purpose.
    • Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language.
    • Discuss or incite illegal activity, or post anything illegal or inappropriate.
    • Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
    • Harass, threaten, embarrass, or otherwise denigrate a User.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

olae Guest

Ok, I didn't see what I said as being disparaging but can see how you could interpret it as such. Not the intent.

Will be more careful in future.

Quote Originally Posted by olae View Post
    Ok, I didn't see what I said as being disparaging but can see how you could interpret it as such. Not the intent.

Will be more careful in future.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information