Thread: Virus got past ZoneAlarm

bubbablue Guest

Default Virus got past ZoneAlarm

I had a rbot.bo virus get past my ZoneAlarm virus detection and now I can't re-install ZoneAlarm. I get to about 12% and it tells me that vsmon.exe is not a valid windows 32 file. I've tried the software removal tool cpes_clean and revo in an effort to scrub the last bits of ZoneAlarm from my hard drive. Can someone suggest a solution?

Bubba

Default Re: Virus got past ZoneAlarm

Quote Originally Posted by bubbablue View Post
    I had a rbot.bo virus get past my ZoneAlarm virus detection and now I can't re-install ZoneAlarm. I get to about 12% and it tells me that vsmon.exe is not a valid windows 32 file. I've tried the software removal tool cpes_clean and revo in an effort to scrub the last bits of ZoneAlarm from my hard drive. Can someone suggest a solution?

Bubba
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/Windows OS Version and Microsoft Update and Version of Zone Alarm (ZA Free/ZAAV/ZAPro/ZASS/ZAES) and what version number that you are having a problem with.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bubbablue Guest

I'm on a Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 SP3 running the latest (9.??) version of ZoneAlarm Extreme.

warehouse Guest

this virus is used alot to hack pc s, as far as i know it is spread through networks and remote desktop (RPC), you should delete it immediately

Thread Information