Thread: ZAX does not remember networks on XP, works fine on VISTA/Windows 7

traderstuart Guest

Default ZAX does not remember networks on XP, works fine on VISTA/Windows 7

I realize this is very similar to other threads.

I am running a licensed ZA Extreme Security on a XP Pro SP 3 (32 bit) machine. I am running version 9.1.603.000.

Every single time I login it pops up the "found new wireless network" even though the previous time I ticked the box to remember the network. Another thread suggested to update the software to fix the problem, this made no difference, the latest version does not work either.

I run the same version of ZA Extreme Security on a Vista and a Windows 7 machine. These machines do not have this problem.
    Last edited by traderstuart; July 17th, 2010 at 05:58 AM.

Default Re: ZA does not remember networks

Hi!
    if you already reviewed the possible causes and remedies then please contact ZA technical support at the link in my signature to try troubleshoot it properly.

Let us know if you will be able to solve the problem.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

traderstuart Guest

Default Re: ZAX does not remember networks on XP, works fine on VISTA/Windows 7

As stated previously I was running an older version of ZA Extreme Security which kept finding a new network. I updated to the latest version and this did not make any difference.

I just tried to uninstall completely and do a clean install of the latest version, this has not helped either.

I've been opening the control center first thing when I login. I noticed that it has a record of the network that it knows about already. Then I have been answering the new network dialog, this time I've been giving it a new name, and when I look at the zones, the network with the new name has not been added!?! I would have thought giving it a different name would result in a new entry.

I am not interested in the other suggested fix to set the Advanced option to "Include networks in the TrustedZone upon detection". This is not the way it should work, I am in a fixed location, my router has not changed in nearly 2 years, my neighbours are not constantly changing their routers either. The XP computer should not be detecting a new network every single time I login. As far as I can tell it's doing this because it's not even storing the information.

Default Re: ZAX does not remember networks on XP, works fine on VISTA/Windows 7

Hi!
    no use to keep reporting it here. As suggested you need to come back to official support and get this issue logged. We are all users here only suggesting resolution to common product problems.

Try to use windows standard software to manage your connection rather than third party software (often coming with your router or network card). This was, for some users, the origin of the problem.

Again let us know if you will be able to resolve your issue. It could help pther users with your same problem (if any).

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; July 18th, 2010 at 04:45 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information