Thread: vault entries requested by huge number of programs

tundra bob Guest

Default vault entries requested by huge number of programs

hi, i had setup the vault per instructions. i had 37 items. when on browser logging to various web sites, i had a huge number of attempts to obtain the vault info. request were for credit card numbers, bank account numbers, passwords, names, etc. i noticed when clicking on a link, the page would would pause with note saying "waiting for xxxx.xxx". then an alert would appear saying "xxxxx.xxx" was requesting "bank of columbia info." or other vault items. these alerts were 3-4 or more per link. after a hugh number of my declines my browser pictures would stop loading and when clicking on links the browser could not find the requested address. i thought these were false positives but tracking some i found the closest one at a bar 2 states away. all these declined alerts make my browser useless. i did reload a new version of za, made no difference.
    any help would be greatly appreciated,
    tundra bob
    zaes 9.1.008.080
    browser ie8
    xp pro sp3

Default Re: vault entries requested by huge number of programs

You should get antimalware expert support, see instructions here:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

or here:
    http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...fs6&board=10.0

Note that very short vault info, such as, simple 3-4 character long numeric digits or letters will create huge amount of false positives while browsing the net.
    Only include in the vault complex or long entries. Reset all entries in the vault and re-create it accordingly.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tundra bob Guest

hi, found the suggested sites, reinstalled spybot and ccleaner which i had removed prior to installing za. and i downloaded malwarebytes for the first time. after using them, i could store items in the vault without false positives. i'm doing a few at a time just in case the problem returns. i will repost around the end of the dec. with additional info. thank you very much for the help.
    regards, tundra bob

You're welcome!

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information