Thread: Download Problems

Hybrid View

smtjs Guest

Post Download Problems

Since updating to v91008_000_EN, I cannot use my Reget Download Manager. Instead, ZoneAlarm File Download takes over. How can I get my old download manager to automatically start and not have ZoneAlarm File Download intercept? Thank you very much.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 29th, 2009 at 02:36 PM.

Default Re: Download Problems

Quote Originally Posted by smtjs View Post
    Since updating to v91008_000_EN, I cannot use my Reget Download Manager. Instead, ZoneAlarm File Download takes over. How can I get my old download manager to automatically start and not have ZoneAlarm File Download intercept? Thank you very much.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) ZAFREE? ZAAV? ZAPro? ZASS? ZAES?

2.) Windows XP SP3?/ Vista? Windows7?

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/Windows OS Version and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Geza Guest

Question Re: Download Problems

I have exactly the same problem, I would really appreciate it if you could explain to me how can I disable Zonealarm File Download feature.

My specific problem is that I am trying to download a 1.3 GB Microsoft DVD image file from this website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/d...displaylang=en

and the download stops at 200-300MB and tried to download it several times with the same result.

But also, I do want to take advantage of advanced download managers that allow you to download files a lot faster in chunks from multiple sites.

I have a licensed Zonealarm Pro, here you can see the versions:
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000

My computer is a Windows XP Pro sp3 with Firefox v. 3.5.4

My virus defense program is a licensed ESET Nod32 v4.0
    (I really appreciated that the latest update of zonealarm pro left out spyware defense, because Nod32 does check for virus and spyware. The only thing I don't like about the latest version of ZA is this File Download feature that cannot be disabled.)

I just downloaded Firedownload v1.1.7 Firefox Addon, and installed it, it doesn't even try to launch when I click on a file to download because Zonealarm file download kicks in.

How can I uninstall/disable "ZA file download" permanently?

If I have to edit anything in the registry, that's OK.

There is no obvious clear item in the zonealarm application regarding zonealarm file download, at least I couldn't found any.

Regards,
    Geza
    Last edited by Geza; December 1st, 2009 at 07:03 PM.

naivemelody Guest

Exclamation Re: Remove DownLoadManager/ Security Toolbar

You can find useful info in Helpful Hints & Links

Click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=71331 <>
    if you really want to permanently remove the Security Toolbar/ Download Manager - basically: proper un-install and re-install and 'UN-CHECK ~ "Install the browser security toolbar" during the install of ZA.

One important tip: You can try this: just prior to new downloading attempt, on your current/ old ZoneAlarm firewall > Overview> Preferences > General -> Uncheck the box for > 'Load ZoneAlarm at startup' > click once, wait - it may take a few
    seconds for it to register, but it will clear the box
    Please restart/ reboot. Then use the ZA Removal Tool.

(this helps prevents some 'true vector / vsmon.exe' issues - "needs to be shut-down...") when upgrading/ downgrading/ re-installing/ un-installing.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    NaiveMelody NYC -12-1-09 - Train In Vain - The Clash
    Last edited by naivemelody; December 2nd, 2009 at 09:47 PM.

Geza Guest

Thumbs up Re: Download Problems

Thank you for your detailed description of how to solve my problem.

I think it would be a good idea to have a button "enable/disable download monitoring" in ZA, so in cases like mine (needing to download a gigabyte or larger file) I could just simply disable it instead of uninstalling and reinstalling ZA.

Thanks again,

Geza

Quote Originally Posted by Geza View Post
    Thank you for your detailed description of how to solve my problem.

I think it would be a good idea to have a button "enable/disable download monitoring" in ZA, so in cases like mine (needing to download a gigabyte or larger file) I could just simply disable it instead of uninstalling and reinstalling ZA.

Thanks again,

Geza
    The next release will address this issue.It's being tested in the Beta right now.

The ability to disable Advanced Download Protection from the Browser Security Toolbar has been added.

Beta Center at this link :

https://www.zonealarm.com/security/e...eta-center.htm

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 27th, 2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: rephrase & link

smtjs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) ZAFREE? ZAAV? ZAPro? ZASS? ZAES?
    I am using ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (Paid version)

2.) Windows XP SP3?/ Vista? Windows7?
    I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit, SP1

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/Windows OS Version and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with

I have tried running ZoneAlarm v 100-250-000, and it intercepts all downloads. It will not let my Reget Download Manager run.

and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..
    The previous version co-existed very nicely with my download manager and did not interfere.

Previous version did not include a download protection. As originally suggested you can disable the protection in ZA and using your download manager instead. You can't run both.

Please consider that, with a valid license, you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature.

Thanks,
    fax
    Last edited by fax; August 19th, 2011 at 12:23 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information