Thread: "Clear Virtual Data" resets Firefox 3.5.4 settings

alexp78 Guest

Default "Clear Virtual Data" resets Firefox 3.5.4 settings

Just upgraded from Internet Security to Extreme.

I noticed the various problems raised over the last couple of months, but things seem to have moved on. The main problems I have are:

1. "Clear Virtual Data" from Forcefield resets some Firefox settings to default, e.g. under Tools> Options: Privacy>Remember History, Advanced>Update Settings... It doesn't affect the bookmarks.

2. ZA now can't remember my local network and comes up with the "New Network Found" prompt every time. It is an ethernet (non-wireless) switch/router and desktop PC. The old ZA versions would do this a couple of times and then remember.

Downloading a file via Firefox with forcefield on works fine, and lets me save anywhere.

CONFIGURATION:

Win XP SP2, fully updated, admin user
    Firefox 3.5.4
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:996088864
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: "Clear Virtual Data" resets Firefox 3.5.4 settings

I, too, get the "new network found" notice at each reboot, as have several other posters in here. There doesn't appear to be a workaround at the moment that I know of, other than people notifying tech support so they'll realize it's an annoyance in planning the next release.

As for the Firefox settings issues, I don't know about 3.5.4, but haven't experienced it with 3.5.3, so I'll leave that for some other poster who might have had your same problem. Just curious: are you trying to clear it through the ZA toolbar settings with Firefox open? I know Forcefield closes the browser during the cleanup, but I'm wondering if it makes any difference to manually exit the browser first and then do the virtual cleanup through the ZA control panel. Admittedly, that takes more steps that way, and I don't know if it would make a difference. Good luck.
    Last edited by critterjoe; October 31st, 2009 at 02:21 AM.

Thread Information