Thread: Unable to connect to update server

Threaded View

bunnyfugger Guest

Unhappy Unable to connect to update server

Hi,

This morning after I booted my PC I attempted to update AV/AS definitions using the Update Now button on the AV/AS Main page as I usually do.

I recieved an Unable to connect to update server error, and my last successful update is shown as 21:33 the previous day. Repeated attempts end with the same error.

Performed a scan using ZA which came back clear. Cleared temp files out using CCleaner and tried to update again...Same result. Ran Malwarebytes with latest definitions...Came back clear.

Does anyone know whether there is currently any problem connecting to ZA servers?

As I'm not sure, and it may be an infection at my end, I'll continue to troubleshoot here and post back any outcomes, but would appreciate any help.

Regards.

UPDATE: Having no success in connecting after a re-boot, I tried restoring ZA settings which I saved yesterday. The settings restored OK but still had no joy trying to connect to ZA update servers. I have seen threads on the forum which advise resetting the ZA database (hold down ctrl and shift, and right click ZA icon, etc.) but I'm not sure what that'll do to my program permissions. I'm still in auto-learn mode following installation of version 9.1 four or five days ago and so it may not be a problem to lose program settings.

Is there a guru who could advise please?
    Thanks in advance...

Further troubleshooting updates on threads below....

Win XP SP3 (fully patched)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:996056000
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Last edited by bunnyfugger; October 31st, 2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Update troubleshooting notes.

Thread Information