Thread: Unwanted content/ad blocking with ZASS V9

watertight Guest

Default Unwanted content/ad blocking with ZASS V9

Over the years I've used ZASS to block all those irritating ads which so many sites insist on burying their real content with. That means I blocked everything then enabled the sites I decided I wanted to use, to the level of access I was prepared to give them. Such a pleasure reading news without the rubbish of doubleclick & numerous other ad sources displaying. Over the years I've built up a large backed up database of these setting to reinstall into any new version clean upgrade. This was all done using the facilities available under Privacy/Site facilities.

The problem I have is the ability to do all of this seems to have 'gone to god' with ZASS Version 9 & ZAextreme. I first noticed this when I bought the first release of ZAExtreme. I was so disappointed with the loss of functionality then that even though my subscription continues for ZAExtreme, I uninstalled it & reinstalled my ZASS & ZAFF. Now I find ZASS has apparently taken this functionality away from us altogether. I for one, am not happy about that at all.

Can someone else tell me if they have found a way implementing such selective content filtering with the latest version of ZASS or ZAExtreme?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Default Re: Unwanted content/ad blocking with ZASS V9

watertight wrote : Can someone else tell me if they have found a way implementing such selective content filtering with the latest version of ZASS or ZAExtreme?

You can do it with your browser of choice.I use selective content filtering using Firefox using the following Add-ons :

Adblock Plus 1.1.1
    BetterPrivacy 1.29
    ForceField 1.3.153.0 (standalone)
    NoScript 1.9.9.14

Also use OpenDNS for more content filtering.

Sorry I don't use IE8, only for Windows updating.

This is more effective and less problematic for me.

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.0.15
    ForceField version : 1.3.153.0
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:996286752
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Thread Information