Thread: Clearing Programs List

jwoolf Guest

Default Clearing Programs List

Is there an easy and safe way to completely clean out the list of programs that are cleared through the firewall (Program Control/Programs)? I mean every entry gone, as if I was starting with a completely new installation of ZoneAlarm. Like clearing cookies and passwords and other private data from a browser. Yes, I really do want to do that. After a few months and a few dozen program installs and updates and upgrades, the program-control list gets so cluttered that I couldn't pick out what's valid from what's invalid if I wanted to. And I want to. I want to occasionally -- say, every three months or so -- force every program on my machine to reapply for Internet access. The way it is right now, a malware could ask for access once, get it because I don't realize what it is, and then it's off and running and I'll never see it again.

naivemelody Guest

Lightbulb Re: Clearing Programs List

Click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=70815

This pretty much explains all. Depending on 'which version number you have' - I could be telling you use the 'cache cleaner' - but we don't know what you have.
    __________________________________________________ __

It is advisable to always list: whenever posting here...
    - your OS - XP SP2/3, Vista SP1/2 , Windows 7 - 32bit or 64 bit OS

- your ZoneAlarm firewall: ZA Free, ZA Pro, ZA Anti-virus, ZA Suite, ZA Extreme or stand-alone ForceField

- and the version number of your ZoneAlarm firewall: 7.0483, 7.1, 8.065, 8.0298, 9.0.083, 9.1.008, etc.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    NaiveMelody NYC - 11-3-09 - Rikki Don't Lose That Number - Steely Dan

Default Re: Clearing Programs List

Quote Originally Posted by naivemelody View Post
    Click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=70815
    __________________________________________________ _____
    NaiveMelody NYC - 11-3-09 - Rikki Don't Lose That Number - Steely Dan
    I think the user is referring to ZA program control list and not cookies. Use the keyboard shortcut (e.g. SHIFT first/last) to select all ZA program control list and right click on them --> remove. This way all programs will be removed. The list will be recreated as soon as you use the programs.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information