Thread: Blank User Interface

Hybrid View

Mikeyboy Guest

Question Blank User Interface

I've had this problem for quite a while now. I searched around a bit on the net and some users of ZoneAlarm suggested things like reinstalling - which I have done - again - today.

The problem is that I have a blank user interface when I open up the Zone Alarm control center. It's just as normal, except there is just WHITE.

Are there any solutions to this? It's becoming endlessly tiring not being able to know when I need updates or manage my program access.

Thanks.

AMorse Guest

Default Re: Blank User Interface

I have exactly the same problem. I just did a "clean install" of
    the free version of ZoneAlarm 80.298.000 and the problem persists.
    I know that zonealarm is working because I am getting requests
    to allow programs to access the internet and I'm getting notifications
    of IP addressess attempting to access my computer. But, the
    control panel screen is completely white AND the help button does
    not work. Someone help please?

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AMorse View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. I just did a "clean install" of
    the free version of ZoneAlarm 80.298.000 and the problem persists.
    I know that zonealarm is working because I am getting requests
    to allow programs to access the internet and I'm getting notifications
    of IP addressess attempting to access my computer. But, the
    control panel screen is completely white AND the help button does
    not work. Someone help please?
    Hi A Morse,
    Is this a new install of zone alarm free firewall? Did you completely uninstall previous commercial firewall or were you just using XP Or Vista windows firewall? Have you tried using the zone alarm removal tool? manual uninstall Instructions to remove all traces of zone alarm before trying to reinstall? Links in previous post for the zone alarm removal tool and manual uninstall insturctions for XP and Vista. There is another tool I like, use and recommend and that is Revo Uninstaller. Revo Uninstaller helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet. It can be downloaded from free download sites like filehippo.com
    best regards,
    Findley

AMorse Guest

Thanks Findley! I had not used the ZoneAlarm removal tool. Tried that, reinstalled the latest free version of ZoneAlarm and viola! That nagging
    problem appears to have vanished. Thanks again!

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AMorse View Post
    Thanks Findley! I had not used the ZoneAlarm removal tool. Tried that, reinstalled the latest free version of ZoneAlarm and viola! That nagging
    problem appears to have vanished. Thanks again!
    You are very welcome, AMorse
    best regards,
    Findley

Mikeyboy Guest

The ZoneAlarm removal program worked great, now I can finally see the user interface!

Thank you so much Findley.

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy View Post
    I've had this problem for quite a while now. I searched around a bit on the net and some users of ZoneAlarm suggested things like reinstalling - which I have done - again - today.

The problem is that I have a blank user interface when I open up the Zone Alarm control center. It's just as normal, except there is just WHITE.

Are there any solutions to this? It's becoming endlessly tiring not being able to know when I need updates or manage my program access.

Thanks.
    Hi Mickeyboy,
    Have you tried running the Zone Alarm Removal Tool?
    Zone Alarm Removal Tool
    Have you tried following the manual uninstall instructions?
    Manual Uninstall Instructions for XP

Manual Uninstall Instructions for Vista

Also, did you completely uninstall any previous security suite firewall completely? A lot of security software needs to have its own uninstaller run to completely remove it.

Did you completely uninstall previously used trial security software or other security firewall? If you've ever had Norton or McAfee on this computer run their removal tools to cleanup the traces left behind. Same is true for other security software - run their removal tool to clean things up - here's a List of Uninstallers

best regards,
    Findley

Thread Information